MAP14: Crater (WOOO)
|WOOO maps 12-20|
This level occupies the map slot MAP14. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP14.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
MAP14: Crater is the fourteenth map of WOOO. It was designed by Scypek2 and uses the music track "".
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Get off of the platform with the red keys to lower a large wall to the east. Use the lift that is left over from the wall to ride to the top, then get the box of rockets you see. Press on the wall north of the box of rockets and you will open a hidden chamber to the northwest of the wall, which has health bonuses and a megaarmor. (sector 29)
- At the south end of the area with crates, use the crate under the chaingunner at the north end to find a chaingun. You can also use this crate from the opposite side (see Secret #3 below, it is just before the crate concealing the teleporter). (sector 48)
- When you reach the area with crates, take the steps to the south, then head west and north. The pillar with the switches will reveal a teleporter east of there, but only for ten seconds. Use one of the switches, then drop to the north and run east to the stack of tiny crates, which is a lift. Ride it up and quickly run east to get to the teleporter. From here, you can get the box of ammo to the north and the megasphere to the east. (sector 54)
- From Secret #3, go towards the box of ammo, then jump northeast onto a long crate above the one with the switch. From there, jump northeast again so you land on a crate that contains a box of shotgun shells and energy cells. (sector 56)
- In the southeast section, use the switch past the armor bonuses, then backtrack until you can head further south. This area has an imp and another switch. Use this one, then go back to the previous switch and you will see a block with a box of rockets. (sector 81)
- Use the switch at the base of the platform with the red keys to lower the corridor southwest of it. Quickly run through that corridor and at the end is an alcove with a rocket launcher. Enter this alcove before the corridor rises. (sector 82)
- When you get to the tall crate with the computer area map (east of the blue key), the brown crate north of the computer area map will lower. This will reveal an area with nukage below. To the east is a small opening you can jump to. Make it there and touch the fence at the end, which lowers a large compartment with a radiation suit, a light amplification visor, armor bonuses, a berserk pack, backpacks, a box of ammo, and a box of shotgun shells. (sector 107)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on February 21, 2022.
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: