MAP14: Flooded Library (Doom 2 the Way id Did)
|Doom 2 the Way id Did maps 12-20|
MAP14: Flooded Library is the fourteenth map of Doom 2 the Way id Did. It was designed by James Paddock in the style of American McGee and uses the music track "The Dave D. Taylor Blues". The par time is 1:30.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
There are three keys on the map, though the yellow one is optional since you can enter the library without opening the yellow bars and is used for unlocking the shortcut.
From the starting area (A) go forth to the outside area (B). In the corridor (C) walk upstairs and head left. Jump down to the grounds. Lower the platform by pressing the switch on it (you can also just press use on any side of it to lower). The second platform containing blue key will lower together with the first one. Take up the key.
Once you have got the blue key, lower the wooden platform at the north of the outside area (B). Enter the northern alcove while the platform is lowered. Press use on the button requiring the blue key. In the water area walk any staircase. Press the switch at the north. Several alcoves containing crowds of monsters will open. Use the eastern alcove to get to the second water area. Press the switch at the south. The platform blocking your way will lower as well as another platform behind you. It contains a crowd of monsters and a red keycard on the HMP and UV levels. Grab it once you kill the crowd. If you play on the easy skill levels go south to the room with cage. Grab the red key.
Once you got the red key. Escape by going through the cage room and dropping down. Use the pair of lifts in front of you and use the door. If you possess the yellow key, press the yellow switch for the shortcut. Otherwise, use the old way you have used earlier. Go upstairs into the corridor (C). Head left and open the red door. Press the switch to your left to build up the bridge. Walk on the bridge to the other side. Open the door and press the switch.
Other points of interest
From the starting area leave to the outside area. Walk upstairs, and head south into the library (D). At the very south of the library press the switch to raise the bookcase. From this new bookcase jump over to the second one. Grab the yellow key.
South eastern part
This can be accessed through the southern library (D) but you cannot get to the south by walking on the bridge from there. In the water room before the exit door, drop down to the pit and head south. Use the lift. Press the button to your right. This will open all the blue bars. Walk on the bridge, enter the room and jump over to the other side. Grab the plasma gun and the ammo for it.
- Enter the library through the yellow bars at the starting area (A) or using the wooden lift at the outside (B). Head to the western part of library and open the wall with picture on it. Grab the computer map. Open the wall to your front. Kill chaingunner and grab the ammo. Open the southern wall. Grab the security armor and open the wall west. Press the skull button to open another wall to your back. Walk upstairs grabbing rockets and open the door. Pickup more rockets and grab the soulsphere. (sector 1)
- Enter the southern library (D) press the switch to raise the bookcase. Jump over to the second bookcase to your front. Two bookcases at the very west will lower revealing a watery alcove. Enter this alcove and kill the Hell knight. Open secret wall west in this alcove to enter an outside area. Lower any lift, grab items and head to the northern part. Grab the super shotgun. (sector 100)
- At the western secret alcove of the library a sector with computer map is counted as secret. (sector 124) You can activate this while making way to the secret#1.
- At the western secret alcove of the library a sector with chaingunner, a box of bullets and a box of shells is counted as secret. (sector 125) You can activate this while making way to the secret#1.
- At the western secret alcove of the library a sector with chaingunner on UV and a security armor is counted as secret. (sector 126) You can activate this while making way to the secret#1.
- At the eastern part of the library where there is the yellow button for making the shortcut is located walk downstairs and go to the north-eastern dead end. Press use on only picture in this room to unlock the secret itself. Open the eastern door. Walk downstairs and grab the soulsphere. (sector 147)
- At the south-eastern outside area use the northern lift. Kill the chaingunner and drop into the window that actually is not flagged as impassable wall. Kill three lost souls and take up the blur sphere. (sector 199)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are: