MAP14: Genesis (The Plutonia Experiment)
|Plutonia maps 12-20|
MAP14: Genesis is the fourteenth map of The Plutonia Experiment. It was designed by Dario Casali and uses the music track "Nobody Told Me About Id" from Doom.
As the level starts, go forward and enter either of the tunnels in front of you then go down some steps to a super shotgun protected by some shotgun guys and chaingunners. Go north-east past a well to a silver lift and ride it up to see the yellow skull key on a platform in front of you, then turn right and follow the path north and west past some shotgun guys until you reach a doorway in the right-hand wall with a bridge behind it. Follow the bridge to a partial invisibility and two medikits, which will lower the surrounding walls to reveal various enemies; the bridge will also drop away to trap you in this area.
Drop down to the damaging blood and go to the south-west corner to find a ladder leading up to the outer walkway, then fight your way round to the east side and press the button here to raise the bridge again so you can escape. Run west to land on the platform that held the invisibility then go back to the yellow key area, where a narrow beam has risen allowing you to reach it.
Return to the south side of the level and open the wide door here, blow up the barrels in front of you then step on either of the teleporters behind them to reach the overhead ledge. Head east into a hallway and push past some revenants, then turn left to see the exit teleporter in front of you.
- From the level start, head south into the blood-floored area. Enter the small building to the west, climb the steps then run north through a window to get the rocket launcher. Ahead of you is a bridge crossing another blood pit; cross it then look straight ahead and open the blood-spattered wall in front of you to find a secret teleporter, which you can enter to find a chaingun and a backpack. (sector 81)
- From secret #1, run west to land in a metal well containing a supercharge. (sector 36)
- Return to the bridge from secret #1. This time, drop off the west side. You can lower the bloodfalls here like a lift, which will reveal another teleporter to a secret area with an energy cell pack and a megaarmor. (sector 110)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
Current Compet-n records
The Compet-n records for the map are:
|UV speed||00:14||Jean-Charles Dorne (JCD)||2015-06-15||pl14-014.zip|
|NM speed||00:50||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2013-08-01||pn14-050.zip|
|UV max||02:28||Drew DeVore (stx-Vile)||2002-05-14||pl14-228.zip|
|NM100S||00:50||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2013-08-01||ps14-050.zip|
|UV -fast||02:18||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2013-07-28||pf14-218.zip|
|UV -respawn||03:40||Serge Marudov (Never_Again)||2008-02-14||pr14-340.zip|
|UV Tyson||17:51||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2006-04-05||pt141751.zip|
|UV pacifist||00:25||Adam Williamson||2001-12-26||pp14-025.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 6, 2020.
Current DSDA records
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||0:14.97||Jean-Charles Dorne (JCD)||2015-06-14||pl14-014.zip|
|NM 100S||0:50.89||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2013-08-01||ps14-050.zip|
|UV -fast||2:18.63||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2013-07-28||pf14-218.zip|
|UV -respawn||3:40.54||Serge Marudov (Never_Again)||2008-02-14||pr14-340.zip|
|UV Tyson||17:51.14||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2006-04-05||pt141751.zip|
|UV pacifist||0:20.60||Kyle McAwesome||2022-12-07||pl14p020.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 18, 2022.
This level contains nine spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 127)
- facing north. (thing 128)
- facing north. (thing 130)
- facing east. (thing 132)
- facing west. (thing 134)
- facing north. (thing 136)
- facing south. (thing 138)
- facing east. (thing 139)
- facing south. (thing 140)
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level:
- MAP14 demos from the Compet-n database: UV speed • NM speed • UV max • NM100S • UV -fast • UV -respawn • UV Tyson • UV pacifist
- MAP14 demos at the Doom Speed Demo Archive