MAP14: Jail Break (NDCP)
|NDCP maps 12-20|
Watch out for shotgun guys as you hit the switch to lower the next wall. Go through the next area grabbing the super shotgun and into the halls. Kill the Hell knight and press the switch behind him to raise the stairs then you will enter the hub of the level. Your only option is to go east at this point, so follow the hallway taking the lift down to ground floor. Go down the steps to where there are spectres and a plasma gun. You have to take both paths here; they are symmetrical and have switches at the very end of them. When you press both switches, return to the hub. The yellow key is accessible, so grab it and go through the west hall.
In the room with barons of Hell and imps, you will see the red key is behind some bars to the north. Take the western lift and you will end up in another fairly symmetrical area. Take the lift down and press the four switches here. These switches reveal four more switches on the outer perimeters of this round area, so go back up the lift you went on and press two switches, then take the lift on the other side to press the switches there. These will open several passageways in the north and south halls of this area. Go through the western door where you will be greeted by a revenant and two Hell knights. Now go through both side hallways all the way and press both switches at the end to open the way westward. The switch in the westernmost room triggers two arch-viles on the sides, but it also opens up one of the cells you previously passed. Take the teleporter, and you will be back in the room that overlooks the key. The cell opposite of it has a switch which opens that cell so you can retrieve the key.
Go back to the hub and take the northern red door. Once again a barrier directly in front of you needs to be opened by pressing two switches on the sides, so do that. Keep going north through another prison block, and into the next room, being wary of an arch-vile that appears behind you. If you want supplies, the side rooms have them, otherwise, exit to the north.
- At the hub, head right and take the first door you come across. In the prison area, walk behind the desk and flip the switch to open the back room. A baron of Hell guards shotgun shells and a soul sphere. (sector 129)
- At the back end of the left part of the map, head south and at the next bend in the hall, notice the misaligned wall. Open it to find chaingunners and a megasphere. If you keep going south, you can spot another misaligned wall just before the door, where you can get a backpack. There are two secret sectors here, but the sectors with the megasphere and backpack count as one secret. The other sector is the fence which you will not be able to trigger without cheating. (sector 262)
- See Secret #2. (sector 263)
- Open the red door and then open the next door you see. Look to the right to see a brown wall. Walk through it to get an invulnerability. (sector 350)
Due to Secret #3 being unreachable, only 75% secrets is possible on this map.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for this map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
Last updated on April 3, 2013.
1. ^ ndcpmax.zip is a collection of UV max demos for NDCP.