MAP14: Lift Tension (10 Sectors)
|10 Sectors maps 11-20|
- Proceed through the first room and bear left along the corridor until you reach a slime pit. Jump in.
- the slime pit has one exit: this leads into a sunken slime area with a walkway on the right extending around to the left. At the end of the slime pit is a lift. Use this to get up onto the walkway.
- The walkway leads through to a series of four rooms of the same dimensions as the first. One of these contains a switch: this opens the door in the other.
- Behind the door is a walkway over another sunken slime area, flanked by two other walkways. Each walkway can be accessed by lifts to the rear. Depending on the skill level, a red key will be situated on the left or right walkway.
- Once you have obtained the red key, return along the first walkway to the red key door.
- Behind this is a teleporter back to the start of the level. Proceed as before, but turn right before the slime pit.
- The exit is behind this door.
Other points of interest
In the exit room, you can exit in a number of ways. The most obvious is the switch, however, you can exit using any of the walls around it for some reason. Also, you can exit the level by going through the flesh wall to the right of the switch.
There are no official secrets in this level.
- There is a box of shotgun shells (or shotgun shells on Ultra Violence or higher) hidden behind a fake wall in the start room.
- Possibly not an official secret: once you have reached the room with the baron and/or Hell knights, a rocket launcher is located behind the switch pillar.
- Entering the last room opens up a secret room in the area just prior to dropping into the nukage containing a soul sphere.
There is an inaccessible backpack in the map, in one of the rooms just before the red key room. The backpack is stored in one of the crates in that room, but since all sides of the crate are marked impassable, there is no way to reach the backpack.
On Ultra-Violence or higher, there is a red key on the ledge on the west side of its room, as opposed to it being in the center on lower settings. There is another red key visible on the eastern ledge as well, but it is somehow inaccessible, with the same impassable sides as the aforementioned backpack.
Areas / screenshots
As this level does not contain any official secrets, the NM100S category is redundant for this map.
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV speed||00:53||Albert Valls||2000-12-28||ts14s053.lmp|
|UV max||03:19||Albert Valls||2000-12-10||ts14-319.lmp|
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 15, 2018.