MAP14: Loathsome Library (Doom 2 Unleashed)
|Doom 2 Unleashed maps 12-20
|No Hope For Peace
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Take the chaingun and clips if needed then press the satyr switch on the west wall to open the doors, using your new weapon to kill the zombies and imps behind them. Head up the steps (collecting the super shotgun by the red column if required), kill the mancubus waiting to the south then open the north door and kill the demons waiting behind it. Head north through the main hall until you reach an armor pickup, watching out for shotgun guys shooting from between the bookcases, then turn round and head for the south-east corner of the room to find a switch. Flip it to open the bars blocking the east and west doorways, then go through the west doorway and follow the passage past several imps to a door guarded by a revenant.
Go through the door and be ready to kill some imps and shotgun guys, plus a baron of Hell guarding another switch - there will also be one or two revenants on a ledge across the blood pool to the west. Flip the switch, go back through the door to kill one or two pain elementals then return to the bookcase hall and ride the lift up. Go through the doorway on your left and kill one or two revenants ahead, then run over the gap and head through the door on the right. Kill any waiting imps and go through the south door, slay a knight and two revenants waiting behind it then head east to find the yellow skull key which is guarded by a baron.
Backtrack to the main hall and ride the lift up again, then open the north door with yellow skull markings and kill the arch-vile waiting behind it. Enter the room and kill the revenants on your right, then follow the curved staircase up to the red skull key they were protecting. Go back down the lift to the main hall (a mancubus will have appeared here) and head through the east doorway, kill two waiting knights then head through the south door with red skull markings to get outside. Kill any waiting knights and imps, along with five cacodemons that emerge from behind the east wall, then flip the switch on the south wall to lower a pillar holding the blue skull key.
Go back to where you found the yellow key, killing any cacodemons that have appeared in the main hall on the way, and head south through a door with blue skull markings. When you ride the lift behind the door you will find yourself surrounded by barrels and facing two chaingunners - step north-west to escape the trap, then go to the south wall to find a switch next to an armor pickup. Press the switch then return to the large blood pool to find that a bridge has risen - kill the arch-vile on the other side, then cross the bridge and press the computer skull switch to finish the level.
Other points of interest
Opposite the red key door is another door; trying to open it will lower the north and east walls to reveal a number of imps and shotgun guys who will be guarding a rocket launcher and ammo.
- Open the doors out of the starting room and use the south bookshelf to find a supercharge and two Wolfenstein SS. (sector 397)
- In the main hall of the library, head around the west bookshelves and head south. Go through the false wall in the corner to find a shotgun guy, partial invisibility, and a box of rockets. (sector 348)
- At the north-west hallway, press the satyr switch on the east wall that is not lit to reveal a teleporter. This takes you to the middle cage with chaingunners where you can get a box of rockets, a box of shotgun shells and a berserk pack. (sector 14)
- Once you open the bars near the yellow door, take the lift in the main hall up and go through the bars. You will see a room ahead of you with a revenant or two (depending on your skill level) along with a megaarmor, a rocket, shotgun shells, and a switch. To reach this room, go through the door nearby and then press on the marble face in the next hall to get inside. (sector 46)
- Use the switch inside secret #4 then take the south door. In this hall, the wall to the west will have lowered allowing you to get a rocket launcher and rockets. (sector 309)
A candelabra (thing 26) is placed outside the map.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on August 1, 2022.