MAP14: The Portal (Requiem)
|Requiem maps 11-20|
- 1 Description
- 2 Walkthrough
- 3 Areas / screenshots
- 4 Speedrunning
- 5 Deathmatch
- 6 Statistics
- 7 Technical information
- 8 Inspiration and development
- 9 Trivia
- 10 See also
- 11 Sources
- 12 External links
According to both the text file and the Requiem info pack:
- All you have to do is find the blue key so you can enter the Portal. Now get to work.
Head through the hall grabbing the shotgun and killing the Hell knight and zombies in the next room. Head through the next hallway to find yourself on a walkway in an outdoor area. There are some cacodemons and imps here. To the south is the yellow door, so go north and east, looking out for revenants that appear from the rocky pillar behind you. Head inside the next hall, then go south and then east, towards a dead end. If you look really closely at the ground you might see an arrow pointing at this wall. Press this wall and it will lower. Follow this hallway to the next one and it will open for you. Head through this one to a room with barrels and a few pickups. Grab the health bonus in the middle of the lighted square and you will reveal the yellow skull key. Now backtrack through the halls and you will find your way has been blocked off and there is a room with shotgun guys and/or zombiemen inside. Nearby is a switch which lowers the wall so you can head back out. Now get back to the outdoor walkway and take the yellow door.
Just follow this hallway all the way until you find a teleporter with an exit sign. You can go in it to see a glimpse of the exit portal, but you will not be able to go inside yet. Instead, look to the south in the hallway before the teleporter to find some of the wall tiles are all white instead of gray and green. Press on these to reveal a switch, which reveals a hallway directly behind you. Climb up this hall to an open area with a cage with arachnotrons to the left and a lift to the right. Take this lift killing the zombies to the next area which has arch-viles in cages and some demons (and some barons of Hell on higher difficulties) around the pillar containing the blue skull key. Dispatch the monsters, then head up the building to the south and enter the eastern door to the arch-vile cage which has a switch. Pressing it lowers the key pedestal, so grab it, and now backtrack all the way to the teleporter leading to the exit portal. There will be an arch-vile running around in this area now, and if you have killed the chaingunners in here prior to getting the key, there will be revenants on the four pillars around the portal. Open the portal with the blue key to exit the map.
Other points of interest
- In the outdoor nukage pool, the vantage point the Revenants attack you from can be climbed onto from the northwest side. Here, you can find a box of rockets (two on Hurt Me Plenty or lower), a rocket launcher, and a switch. (sector 56) There is a radiation suit in the north-western mine, and you can leave the nukage pool by lowering the walkway in the south.
- After pressing the switch in secret #1, inside the northeast mines, you can find a switch in the northern alcove just after the chaingunner ambush. Press it to open an alcove in the southeast, containing a Hell knight and three medikits. (sector 176)
- After pressing the switch to access secret #2, once you get the yellow key and return to the entrance into the mines, there will be a new switch at the alcove directly north of it. Press it, and return to the room with the pillars near the start of the map to find that a new alcove has been opened to the west, containing a backpack and a plasma rifle. (sector 185)
- Within the checkerboarded hall leading to the exit teleporter, there is a section of the west wall that violates the pattern in place throughout the hall. After obtaining the blue key, press on this section to open it. Here, you will find a river with health bonuses strewn across it, broken in the middle by a waterfall with a chaingunner, two sergeants, and two armor bonuses at the opposite end. Directly northwest of the waterfall is a soul sphere. Jump from the waterfall to the soul sphere to trigger this secret. (sector 287) Secret #3 can be accessed from this location as well, by opening the door at the end of the tunnel, which leads to the start of the map.
- In the cage opposite of the one containing the switch to lower the blue key, there is a portion of the west wall where the ridges are not as thick as the rest. Push on it, and it will lower to reveal a switch. Press the switch. When you reach the portal, the pillar with the megasphere on top of it will have lowered, allowing you to take it. (sector 339)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-N records for the map are:
|UV speed||03:34||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2012-03-01||rq14-334.zip|
|UV max||05:48||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2006-12-10||rq14-548.zip|
|UV -fast||13:05||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2002-06-23||rf141305.zip|
|UV -respawn||07:26||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2011-07-03||rr14-726.zip|
|UV Tyson||17:11||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2003-01-31||rt141711.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on May 24, 2013.
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing north-east. (thing 144)
- facing south-east. (thing 145)
- facing south-west. (thing 146)
- facing north-west. (thing 147)
- facing south. (thing 148)