MAP14: Troglobite (Sunlust)
|Sunlust maps 12-20|
This level occupies the map slot MAP14. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP14.
A troglobite is any cave-dwelling animal species.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- The yellow key is not needed to complete the map, but it is needed to reach the first three official secrets. To get the yellow key, go to the room in the south of the map with a pier and a goop lake containing a boat and three huge pillars. Go east from the pier, to the north of the eastern pillar, and there is a staircase leading up to a large room containing a switch which lowers a lift with the yellow key.
- In the centre of the map there is a rectangular room with two pillars in it. Switches on the wall lower the floor to reveal monsters hidden in the pillars. Before lowering the floor, the yellow key can be used to open a door in the east wall of the room leading to a secret. (sector 137) Beware: there seems to be no way to access this secret if the floor has already been lowered.
- In the north of the map, there's a large room containing galleries enemies ambush you from. The L-shaped gallery in the southeastern corner of this room has a yellow key switch hidden in its northern end. This opens the gallery; at the other end is a secret. (sector 435)
- In the goop lake room with the three huge pillars, the westernmost pillar has a yellow key door hidden on its rear side leading to a teleporter. The teleport destination is a secret. (sector 513)
- In the northwestern corner of the map, near the exit, there's an area you can drop down into rather take the stairs to the exit. In the northwestern corner of this area, there's a goop waterfall you can run through to a secret. (sector 17)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV speed||00:07||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2015-11-06||sl14p791.zip|
|UV pacifist||00:07||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2015-11-06||sl14p791.zip|
Last updated on 15 January, 2018.