MAP15: Bulls on Parade (Alien Vendetta)
|Alien Vendetta maps 11-20|
MAP15: Bulls on Parade is the fifteenth map of Alien Vendetta. It was designed by Madani el Hariri with parts edited by Yashar "GeminI" Garibzadeh, Anthony Soto and Anders Johnsen. It uses the music track of Heretic's E2M3: The River of Fire.
Kill the shotgun guy and cacodemon and head through the door to the south. Follow the rooms until you find a room with a lava river. The nearby switch raises a step that helps you cross into the next room. You will have to grab the blur artifact sitting in the lava river. This particular sector of lava is not damaging, but you will be trapped inside this sector while monsters teleport around you. Look towards the south to see a new switch. You need to shoot it, and a switch right next to you will open. This switch frees you from your encampment. Now there is a new door to go through to the south. Dispose of the monsters in the rooms, then venture through the lava river, making sure to grab the radiation suit as you go. Go all the way down the river, until you find the yellow keycard. Then, backtrack all the way to the beginning to find the yellow exit door. Only this door is not exactly where the exit really is. Just go through the narrow hallway, keeping on your toes for several traps both in front and behind you. You will eventually climb a staircase to another big room. Going west a bit opens two rooms behind you with monsters and closes off the ways to the west. Go to the northern of the two compartments to find a switch to open these up. Now take the lift down into the open field. Rocks will reveal revenants down here, and be careful when fighting them as they have the tendency to teleport all around the field. When they are finished, head south, towards the wall of bodies, and you will be lowered onto a large elevator which descends slowly. Revenants and cacodemons will attack from alcoves as it descends. At the very bottom there is a door and a horned lion switch. Press the switch to lower the next room where the next switch here will open the door in the previous room. Head back there and head through the portal.
You will end up in a large arena with a number of monsters, including parading demons coming from the west. Kill everyone here, as you need to wait for a large demon-faced structure to lower all the way. While waiting, if you approach the pink walls, they will vanish leaving compartments with monsters and items in them. When the big structure finally lowers, Hell knights and barons of Hell will attack you. Find the switch in the center, revealing an arch-vile and a teleporter. Through this teleporter you will see a cyberdemon directly in front of you. He will teleport into the arena, so follow him and you will be back there. You will end up on a platform with a switch nearby. Quickly flip the switch and fend off the cyberdemon. The switch you pressed reveals the normal exit; however if you are headed for the secret exit, read the instructions for Secret #3.
- Go through the first door at the start of the level, then hang left and continue until reaching the room with a narrow lava river running through it. At the north end of this room is a brown rectangular structure; walk around to the back side of it. Notice that a portion of the brown wall is textured slightly differently than its surroundings. Open this wall to get a combat armor. A wall behind you also opens to reveal a backpack. (sector 149 in the first release; sector 104 in the second)
- At the south end of the eastern portion of the level, there is a room with a circuitous lava river and a lit column in one of the corners. You can see lift panels on each side of this column; step onto any of them and you'll be lowered into a secret area with a rocket launcher. Make sure you actually walk over the central sector in order to make the secret trigger. (sector 238 in the first release; sector 193 in the second)
- (first release only) In the crusher room, shoot at the pedestal where the eye is to open the wall behind the switch in the back. There are armor bonuses, a backpack, and a medikit here. (sector 118)
- Secret Level: After going through the scrolling space teleporter, go from the huge, tall room into the room with the slime. In the middle of the room face the midpoint of the wall opposite the area labeled "exit" and press it. Go through the teleporter and proceed straight into the big, red teleporter. In the all-blue room that follows, turn around and proceed straight into the room you see. Pick up the blue key in this room. Turn around and leave this room and proceed through the next room and climb the glowing staircase. At the end of this room, open the two blue bars and enter the blue teleporter to the secret exit. (sector 351 in the first release; sector 283 in the second)
- If you remain in the compartment with the backpack from secret #1, and let the door shut, you will be trapped. There is no way to open the door from the inside.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are:
|UV speed (normal exit)||02:48||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2006-05-20||av15-248.zip|
|UV speed (secret exit)||02:16||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2006-05-20||av15s216.zip|
|NM speed (normal exit)||05:17||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2009-09-17||an15-517.zip|
|NM speed (secret exit)||04:02||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2009-09-17||an15s402.zip|
|UV max||05:56||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2010-02-12||av15-556.zip|
|NM100S||04:02||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2009-09-17||an15s402.zip|
|UV -fast||10:00||Chris Ratcliff (Ryback)||2003-02-04||af151000.zip|
|UV -respawn||07:05||Casey Alvis (Altima Mantoid)||2003-02-07||ar15-705.zip|
|UV pacifist (normal exit)|
|UV pacifist (secret exit)|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 6, 2020.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing south-west. (thing 443)
- facing east. (thing 444)
- facing east. (thing 445)
- facing south. (thing 446)