MAP15: Dark Territory (Project Einherjar)
|Project Einherjar maps|
|The Gaulheim Hit|
|Deep Into White Hell|
|The Scourge of Mordin|
|Return to Jotunheim|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Juno starts in the dining car of a moving train, with enemies approaching the moment the map begins. South of her position is the kitchen car, the luggage car, and the caboose (locked behind a blue door); north is the smoking car, sleeper car, passenger car, supply trailer, and locomotive (the control room is behind a red door). She can explore either direction in whatever order.
The blue key is visible on a table in the dining car, on a balcony out of Juno's reach. She can't reach the balcony except through the yellow door. Travel south and loot the kitchen and luggage car for supplies, then north to the locomotive. Use the outland suit when you reach the supply trailer: it is uncovered, and the outside of the train is not protected against the sun, so the whole trailer is a pain sector. In the locomotive, a Thane guards the yellow key.
Take the key back to the smoking car to access the dining car balcony and the blue key. Enter the locked caboose and claim the red key. The side door of each car is now open, and Jotun Overwatch troops are boarding the train. Fight your way back to the locomotive and hit the switch to stop the train.
Other points of interest
- All rooms in the sleeper car are locked by a blue key, and one remains closed after the sleeper car ambush. It contains a Gungnir rifle and ammo crate.
- There is a pack of spring mines on top of the crates in the kitchen car. (sector 209)
- Carefully step out the side door of the luggage car and sidle along the side of the train to a cache of items: an outland suit and medical backpack next to an unfortunate rail worker. (sector 233)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
Inspiration and development
- The title is a reference to Under Siege 2: Dark Territory, which took place on a similar train.
- At the blue door a helicopter can be heard outside, presumably carrying the Overwatch reinvorcements. When you grab the red key, the noise vanishes, and troops have boarded the train.