MAP15: Spirited Away (Claustrophobia 1024 2)
|Claustrophobia 1024 2 maps 12-20
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Turn right to see an arch-vile at a crossroads ahead, but do not alert it yet as more arch-viles will teleport in and surround you. Take the south fork and follow the hallway to a door, press the red switch next to the door to open it then go through and climb the steps on your left to find an armor and another switch - the switch opens the bars that the first arch-vile was blocking, and sends the other arch-viles elsewhere. Kill any demons that teleport in then go back to the crossroads (the arch-vile has teleported away) and step through the bars to a lift loaded with shotgun shells. Ride it down then walk north and west to find a Hell knight (or baron of Hell on Hurt Me Plenty (HMP) skill level or higher) blocking your path to the exit room - you will need the red and yellow keys to open the exit door, which are found behind the two doorways on the north side of the room.
Go through the left-hand doorway in the exit room, noting the arch-vile on the ledge ahead, then continue round the corner to see a knight guarding a door. Go through the door, which has a second knight waiting behind it on HMP or higher, and turn left to see two more doors. Open both doors and kill the revenants behind them, then press the switches next to each monster to lower the east wall and reveal another door guarded by a spectre. Open the door and kill some waiting imps, then walk south and turn left to kill a knight standing in a hallway. Go up the steps behind the knight to find a chaingun and the yellow skull key, which are guarded by an arch-vile. Taking the key will open a room to the south containing revenants; wait for them to come out and teleport to the room east of the exit area to avoid being surrounded.
Back in the exit room, take the right-hand doorway in the north wall and follow the passage until you reach a pair of bars; as you approach them, an alcove will open to your left containing an arch-vile and the switch that opens the bars. Go through to a room with a sludge pool, kill the arch-vile that rises from the sludge then walk north into a small chamber and prepare to kill one or two revenants that ambush you. Continue east and south into the room containing the red skull key (bars will close behind you), kill two knights that teleport in as you approach the key then press the switch at the south end of the room to open a bar leading back to the lift east of the starting point. Go back to the exit room and press both switches on either side of the door, which will open it to reveal the arch-vile that teleported away at the start, then enter the dark tunnel to go to MAP16: End of the Line.
Dotted around the level are several wooden panels. After getting both keys and pressing the switches that open the door to the normal exit, two of these panels will change slightly in appearance; the bottom skull's eye sockets will have small red dots inside them, which can be hard to spot. You must press both of these panels to open the path to the secret exit.
- In the room that held the red key, go to the north wall to find a panel next to a red torch.
- In the exit room, go through the left-hand doorway at the north end, as if you were going to the yellow key. When you reach the room that had two revenants and switches, look in the south-east corner to see three wooden panels. The center panel is the one you need.
After using both panels, go back to the room with the lift east of the starting point to find that it is active. Ride the lift back up to the starting point, arm yourself then press the wood panel on the back wall, which will close the door behind you and cause a wave of imps to start teleporting in. Fight off the imps until the door opens again, then take the south fork at the crossroads and follow the hallway back to the south-east room, ready for an arch-vile that teleports in. Note that once you enter the next room, the door will permanently close behind you, so make sure you have collected any secrets or items you need. Go inside the south-east room and slay some more imps, then climb up the steps and step on the sky floor to go to MAP31: Somewhere That's Green.
Other points of interest
- Take the south fork at the crossroads to enter a corridor with two metal archways, then press the north wall between the two archways to reveal a switch. Press the switch then go back to the crossroads and take the north path, which leads up to a shotgun and some shells. A second switch has appeared in the window, which you can press to lower one of the columns in the exit room below holding a box of bullets. (sector 456)
- Taking the yellow key opens a room to the south. Go inside that room then go to the north side to find four bookcases, then press the south bookcase (which has a flickering light) to raise a step up to the nearby lion panel. Shoot the candle inside the lion's mouth to reveal a switch on the south wall of the room with the large sludge pool, then press that switch to lower the second column in the exit room, revealing a backpack. (sector 455)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed (normal exit)
|UV speed (secret exit)
|NM speed (normal exit)
|NM speed (secret exit)
|Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)
|UV pacifist (normal exit)
|UV pacifist (secret exit)
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 21, 2021.