MAP15: Spirited Away (Claustrophobia 1024 2)
|Claustrophobia 1024 2 maps 12-20|
This level occupies the map slot MAP15. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP15.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Go right from the start, and choose the right path at the fork. In the corridor here, stand between the two metal archways and turn left. Use the wall to reveal a switch, and then press the switch. Backtrack to the fork and choose the left path this time. You will reach a dead end where you can find a shotgun and some shells, as well as a window overlooking the room where the exit is. There should be a switch in that window, press it and you'll see one of the two columns in the exit room lowering. When you get down there, step onto the column to register the secret and grab a box of ammo. (sector 456)
- Once you've grabbed the yellow key, a new passage will have opened in the corridor you passed through to get here. Go in there to end up in a small room, and turn right. Notice that the lion face on the wall here has a candle in its mouth. Shoot the candle, and a switch will appear on the southern wall of the central room (with the brown sludge pool). Press the switch to lower the second column in the exit room, revealing a backpack. (sector 455)
Getting to the secret exit is a bit tricky. Here's what you have to do to reach it:
- First, you have to get both the red and the yellow keys and press the two switches that open the normal exit.
- Then you have to activate two very special walls in the map. Around the level, you can find a lot of wooden panels with skulls on them. The ones you need are slightly different from the rest: the bottom skull's eye sockets have small red dots inside of them. These dots can be very hard to spot at first. Here's where you can find the special panels:
- Go to the room you dropped down to when you took the straight path at the fork, and then go to the hallway east of it. Turn left and go straight ahead. The panel should be directly in front of you, to the left of a red torch.
- Go to the room where the normal exit is, face north, and take the left path. Enter the corridor and follow it to the next room, where you can see three panels in the southeast. The central panel is the one you need.
- As soon as you've used both panels, return to the room you dropped down to when you took the straight path at the fork. An elevator will have become active here, ride it up to return to the previous area. If you missed secret #1 earlier, now's as good a time as any to get it. Otherwise, go straight ahead and activate the third and final panel right in front of you.
- The door behind you will close, and a massive imp wave will start teleporting in. After some time has passed, the door will open again. Take the right path at the familiar fork, and be prepared for an arch-vile to teleport in ahead of you. Note that this is a point of no return - as soon as you cross into the next room, the door behind you will close forever, so make sure you've got all secrets and items and killed every enemy you've encountered so far.
- When you enter the next room, another wave of imps will start teleporting in. Once you've dealt with them, you should have 100% kills. Go up the stairs and step on the sky floor to proceed to MAP31: Somewhere That's Green.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed (normal exit)|
|UV speed (secret exit)|
|NM speed (normal exit)|
|NM speed (secret exit)|
|UV max||5:39.03||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2010-01-20||4c15-539.zip|
|UV pacifist (normal exit)|
|UV pacifist (secret exit)|
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 21, 2021.