MAP15: Temple of Water (Whispers of Satan)
|Whispers of Satan maps|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Approach the door and go up both side staircases and press the switches in the side rooms to open the entrance of the building. Press the switch to reveal enemies surrounding you. The yellow door path is to the left while the red door path is to the right. For now, take the northern path to find the yellow skull key on top of a fountain. Flip the switch in front of it to open the left door, and go through this door to the next one. In this watery area, a switch is dead ahead, along with an arrow pointing right. Flip the switch, then return to the yellow key room to find that the other door is open. Go through it to be on balcony level. If you want the secret exit, follow the instructions for Secret #2. Otherwise, continue across the balcony to the door. Kill the mancubus inside and press the switch to reveal several lost souls around you. Return to the yellow key room and obtain the yellow key, then return to the hub to take the yellow door path now.
Open the yellow doors and you will see the red skull key behind the bars in a small room. You can go either north or west. Go west first through the door. Kill the imps in front of you, and notice the vines blocking way to the section with the waterfall. To open this section go through the path to the left and kill the imps here, then open the door and kill the arachnotron guarding the switch. Flip this switch to lower one set of bars guarding the waterfall here. Now go to the other path you saw when you came in, ignoring the path to the right and going through the door slightly to the left. Flip the switch there to lower the other set of bars so you can access this area. Go down the stream here to the room with a mancubus and chaingunners, then flip the switch. This switch has red markings around it, thus, it removes one set of bars from the red skull key. To open the next set of bars, go back to the path to the east that you ignored to emerge in a very large open area with red torches and a walkway. Head north and west, staying on the walkway, to the next door. Behind this door are some chaingunners and a revenant (on Ultra-Violence or higher) guarding the switch. Flip this switch and return to the walkway to find another one is rising up, allowing access to the northeast door. Enter this door to find a similar setup. Flip the switch here to remove the second set of bars guarding the red key. Now head for the door to the southern end of the walkway area to reach the hub where you can get the red key (guarded by an arch-vile). Return to the main hub and take the red door path.
Behind the red doors, you will find several zombies, as well as an arachnotron guarding blue bars which coorespond to the normal exit. Take either door here and follow the path to the lift, then flip the switch to ride downwards. Simply follow this path all the way until you find the blue key. When you pick it up, several cacodemons will emerge, as well as other monsters in the watery caverns you traversed. Head back to the set of bars you just passed and hit the switch inside so you can leave this area. Take the lift back up and then look out for lost souls and the arch-vile as you open the blue bars to the normal exit.
Other points of interest
- Go up the staircase on the right side at the start. Open the wall between the two torches to acquire a megaarmor. (sector 930)
- Secret Exit: When you press the switch in the big watery room north of the yellow key room, you will open the other door in the yellow key room. You might have noticed that there is an arrow pointing to the right. It points to a super shotgun in the water, so take it if you need it. To get the secret exit head through the door east of the yellow key room onto balcony level in the big watery room. Go through this balcony a bit, but look to the southwest where you will see several lion emblems. One of these is not lit, and it is close to where the super shotgun was located. Shoot this lion emblem to light it up, and then head all the way down this balcony dropping off the western side. You will fall in front of an opening, with a white arrow telling you to go right, so do that. (sector 372) Open the exit door and take the teleporter to appear in a spacey room with the secret exit in front of you.
- On the same balcony mentioned in Secret #2, if you go to the northeastern corner, open the eastern wall for several rockets and a rocket launcher. (sector 938)
- Open the yellow doors and you have a choice of either north or west. Go west but do not go through the door. Instead, press on the wall that is just south of where the ammo clips were to get a blur artifact. (sector 402)
- From the previous secret, press on the left wall for lots of armor bonuses. (sector 400)
- From the previous secret, there is a wall with red markings around it. Once you have the red key, come back here to obtain a computer area map. (sector 398)
- In the westernmost room that holds one of the switches that allows access to the red key, there are two computer panels. Look towards the northern one, and press the wall that has the yellow and black caution stripe to find a teleporter. Take it for a secret area where you can obtain a soul sphere. (sector 129)
- In the large open area with the walkway that has red torches, you will find a plasma gun up some steps that you cannot reach. To get the gun, go up the steps, and look outside through the vines. If you look close enough, you will see that one of the lion switches is not lit. Shoot at it to light it up and lower the plasma gun platform. (sector 605)
- Just before the room with the blue key, open a rocky wall to the right to claim an invulnerability. (sector 396)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 520)
- facing south. (thing 521)
- facing north. (thing 522)
- facing south. (thing 523)