MAP15: The Twilight (The Plutonia Experiment)
|Plutonia maps 12-20|
MAP15: The Twilight is the fifteenth map of The Plutonia Experiment. It was designed by Milo Casali and uses the music track "Waltz Of The Demons" (from Doom's E4M5, E3M7 and E2M7) and contains the secret exit which leads to MAP31: Cyberden.
Enter the teleporter in front of you, pick up the shotgun then flip the switch in front of you to go down to a bridge. Cross the bridge, collecting a super shotgun on the way, until you reach a crossroads with a rocket launcher and a megaarmor then kill all the chaingunners ahead (except the enemies in the corners as a hidden arch-vile will resurrect them). Take the east path and go straight forward past a cacodemon to a door overlooked by two mancubi and open it to see a revenant ahead guarding the yellow skull key. To get the key you will also have to fight your way through some more revenants and Hell knights that teleport in.
Take the west path to an area with cacodemons and several more chaingunners and go forward until you reach a medikit, which will open five metal blocks around you containing still more chaingunners. Flip the switch here to release a revenant and raise a bridge on your left leading to another switch requiring the yellow key, flip it then go forward to find a third switch that will open the exit area. Go back to the crossroads to find that some steps have risen leading to the chaingunners' platform - the sky behind this platform has disappeared to reveal a new area with mancubi, chaingunners and pain elementals, along with a spiderdemon on Hurt Me Plenty skill level or higher. Clear the way then take the megasphere and head due north to a sky teleporter; after entering it, step on the exit teleporter in front of you to go to MAP16: The Omen.
Just before reaching the sky teleporter at the end of the level, look at the left-hand wall to see a section with a lightning bolt. Open this wall and step on the teleporter behind it, open the door in front of you then step on the exit teleporter to go to MAP31: Cyberden.
- Near the beginning of the level, you will cross a fenced bridge with a super shotgun on it. After taking the weapon, continue forward and look at the right-hand wall to see a section with a lightning-bolt symbol on it. Open this wall to find a switch that opens secret #2. (sector 3)
- Flipping the switch in secret #1 opens the south wall near the starting lift. Behind it is a crescent-shaped platform with a box of rockets (sector 12) and a megasphere atop a ledge.
- The six pillars leading to the megasphere above secret #2 each count as a secret. (sector 16)
- See #3. (sector 17)
- See #3. (sector 18)
- See #3. (sector 19)
- See #3. (sector 20)
- See #3. (sector 21)
- From the crossroads at the center of the level, walk through the gap between the south-west supports to drop into a blood pool below. The teleporter in the south-west corner counts as a secret and leads straight to secret #10. (sector 81)
- The teleporter in secret #9 leads to a hidden room with armor, two medikits, rockets and health bonuses. (sector 84)
- In secret #10, open the south wall with pipes on it to find a teleporter which counts as a secret. (sector 93)
- The teleporter in secret #11 will send you to a ledge with a mancubus. Open the door here to find a box of shotgun shells and a partial invisibility. (sector 96)
- From the crossroads, drop into the north-west blood pool and enter the west teleporter. You will enter a hidden room with a supercharge, a plasma gun, a backpack and an energy cell pack. (sector 73)
- Before stepping off the teleporter pad in secret #13, turn round and open a wall with a lightning-bolt symbol to find a passage with health bonuses. (sector 99)
- Return to secret #13 and open the east wall with a lightning-bolt symbol to find a BFG9000. (sector 79)
- From secret #13, run west to drop down to a pillar with a medikit (making sure the knight occupying the pillar is dead first) to trigger another secret. (sector 45) You can also run east from secret #9 to land on another pillar with a medikit, which will trigger the same secret.
- Landing on secret #16 will open a door in the south-east blood pool revealing an invulnerability pickup. (sector 87)
- After landing on secret #16, return to the crossroads and take the west path where two alcoves have opened. The north alcove is a secret and contains two energy cell packs. (sector 91)
- From the west area with the yellow key switch, drop into the north blood pool and head east until you drop down to another pool. Enter the north alcove to find a supercharge. (sector 114)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
Current Compet-n records
The Compet-n records for the map are:
|UV speed (normal exit)||00:23||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2014-07-10||pp15-023.zip|
|UV speed (secret exit)||00:26||Adam Williamson||2000-04-09||pl15s026.zip|
|NM speed (normal exit)||00:27||Adam Williamson||2000-04-09||pn15-027.zip|
|NM speed (secret exit)||00:25||Jean-Charles Dorne (JCD)||2009-10-01||pn15s025.zip|
|UV max||02:38||Eugene Kapustin||2005-08-29||pl15-238.zip|
|NM100S||01:07||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2008-12-22||ps15-107.zip|
|UV -respawn||01:41||Eugene Kapustin||2005-08-29||pr15-141.zip|
|UV pacifist (normal exit)||00:23||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2014-07-10||pp15-023.zip|
|UV pacifist (secret exit)||00:28||Adam Williamson||2000-04-09||pp15s028.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 6, 2020.
Current DSDA records
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed (normal exit)||0:23.83||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2014-07-10||pp15-023.zip||Cross-listed from Pacifist|
|UV speed (secret exit)||0:26.46||Adam Williamson||2000-04-09||pl15s026.zip|
|NM speed (normal exit)||0:24.40||2021-08-15||pl15n024.zip|
|NM speed (secret exit)||0:25.80||Jean-Charles Dorne (JCD)||pn15s025.zip|
|NM 100S||1:07.31||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2008-12-22||ps15-107.zip|
|UV -respawn||1:41.09||Eugene Kapustin||2005-08-29||pl15r141.zip|
|UV pacifist (normal exit)||0:23.83||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2014-07-10||pp15-023.zip|
|UV pacifist (secret exit)||0:28.37||Adam Williamson||2000-04-09||pp15s028.zip|
|NoMo (normal exit)||0:18.80||depr4vity||2021-10-06||pl15o1880.zip|
|NoMo (secret exit)||0:21.94||Vladislav Baymurzin (ClumsyDoomer)||2013-03-15||plutnomo.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on August 1, 2022.
This level contains thirteen spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 278)
- facing south. (thing 280)
- facing west. (thing 281)
- facing west. (thing 283)
- facing east. (thing 284)
- facing west. (thing 285)
- facing south. (thing 288)
- facing west. (thing 289)
- facing north. (thing 290)
- facing south-west. (thing 291)
- facing north-west. (thing 292)
- facing north-east. (thing 293)
- facing south-east. (thing 294)
- This map contains the most secrets (19 or 14, depending on whether secrets #4-#8 are counted separately) out of all the levels in The Plutonia Experiment, and Final Doom as a whole.