MAP15: The Twilight (The Plutonia Experiment)
|Plutonia maps 12-20|
MAP15: The Twilight is the fifteenth map of The Plutonia Experiment. It was designed by Milo Casali and uses the music track "Waltz Of The Demons" (from Doom's E4M5, E3M7 and E2M7) and contains the secret exit which leads to secret MAP31: Cyberden.
Starting in a small divided room, enter the teleporter. Pick up the shotgun and shells and hit the switch which will lower you into a hallway. Head north into the walkway towards an intersection with an east/west passage. Head east as quickly as you can so to dodge all the chaingunners' bullets. Go through the door and run towards the platform with the yellow key and a revenant. Retrace your steps towards the main area and continue down the walkway towards west. Press the switch to make a bridge to the button requiring yellow key. Activate this switch and the next one at the end. Then return to the main area. A large area is now accessible towards the north, however the room is filled with enemies including a Spider Mastermind and a caged area full of chaingunners. Run along a walkway towards the end and you will be teleported back to the starting room. Step on the pad to exit.
When you have access to the northern area with the exit teleporter, walk upstairs as usual but do not enter the sky teleporter. Open the western wall marked with a lightning bolt to gain access to the teleporter pad that is on a higher level than the others. Enter it. In the new room, open the door and enter the teleporter.
- Near the beginning of the level, you will cross a gated bridge with a super shotgun on it. At the northern end of this bridge is a short wall with a yellow lightning-bolt symbol on it. Open it to reveal a switch. It allows access to secret #2. (sector 3)
- Flipping the switch in secret #1 causes a southern wall near the starting lift to open. Behind it is a crescent-shaped platform with a box of rockets (sector 12) and a megasphere atop a ledge.
- The six pillars leading to the megasphere above secret #2 each count as a secret. (sector 16)
- See #3. (sector 17)
- See #3. (sector 18)
- See #3. (sector 19)
- See #3. (sector 20)
- See #3. (sector 21)
- In the center of the level is a "T"-shaped walkway crossing a pool of blood. In spite of the fence you can drop to the south-western opening into the blood pool. Taking the teleporter count as secret and leads to secret #10. (sector 81)
- The teleporter in secret #9 leads you to a room with numerous items. (sector 84)
- Stay in secret #10 and open the piped wall south to reveal secret #12. (sector 93)
- Use the teleporter in secret #11. This will lead you to the ledge with a mancubus. Open the door and find ammo and a blur sphere here. (sector 96)
- In the "T"-shaped hall, drop down into north-western blood pool and take the teleporter west. You will find yourself in the room with a soulsphere, a plasma gun, and ammo. (sector 73)
- Before stepping out of the teleporter pad in secret #13, turn around and open a wall with lightning-bolt drawn. Grab all the health potions here. (sector 99)
- Get back in secret #13 and open another wall with lighting-bolt. Take the BFG9000. (sector 79)
- Staying in the same secret #13, jump over from the ledge into pillar with medikit. You can also do that from secret #9 that is on the other side and grab the second medikit. It is enough for you to step on either pillar to activate this as secret. (sector 45)
- Once you counted secret #16, you will activate this one. Jump into south-eastern blood pool to notice an alcove open. Take the invulnerability sphere here. (sector 87)
- Once you counted secret #16, you will also activate this one. In the "T"-shaped hall, head west and notice two walls south and north that were closed before. The northern one with two bulk cells inside counts as secret. (sector 91)
- In the western area where you press the yellow key switch, drop down into blood pool northwards (which is on the higher level). Enter the alcove with a soulsphere and take it. (sector 114)
Areas / screenshots
A megasphere awaits you.
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are:
|UV speed (normal exit)||00:23||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2014-07-10||pp15-023.zip|
|UV speed (secret exit)||00:26||Adam Williamson||2000-04-09||pl15s026.zip|
|NM speed (normal exit)||00:27||Adam Williamson||2000-04-09||pn15-027.zip|
|NM speed (secret exit)||00:25||Jean-Charles Dorne (JCD)||2009-10-01||pn15s025.zip|
|UV max||02:38||Eugene Kapustin||2005-08-29||pl15-238.zip|
|NM100S||01:07||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2008-12-22||ps15-107.zip|
|UV -respawn||01:41||Eugene Kapustin||2005-08-29||pr15-141.zip|
|UV pacifist (normal exit)||00:23||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2014-07-10||pp15-023.zip|
|UV pacifist (secret exit)||00:28||Adam Williamson||2000-04-09||pp15s028.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 6, 2020.
This level contains thirteen spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 278)
- facing south. (thing 280)
- facing west. (thing 281)
- facing west. (thing 283)
- facing east. (thing 284)
- facing west. (thing 285)
- facing south. (thing 288)
- facing west. (thing 289)
- facing north. (thing 290)
- facing south-west. (thing 291)
- facing north-west. (thing 292)
- facing north-east. (thing 293)
- facing south-east. (thing 294)
- This map contains the most secrets (19 or 14, depending on whether secrets #4-#8 are counted separately) out of all the levels in The Plutonia Experiment, and Final Doom as a whole.