MAP15: Tricyclic Looper (BTSX-E1)
|Back to Saturn X E1 maps 09-16|
MAP15: Tricyclic Looper is the fifteenth level of the first episode of Back to Saturn X. It was designed by Brett Harrell (Mechadon) and uses the music track "Quicksilver" by James Paddock. The par time is 5:45. In the official add-on version, this level's name is Tesselation Cycle.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 External links
Other points of interest
- Sector 110: Go up the stairs past the red door, and through the next door, on your left, use the wall to reach a dropoff where you can get a soul sphere and energy cell packs.
- Sector 237: In the computer room near the center of the map. On the west side of the computers, use the one green texture. It lowers, leading under the computers. While other things, such as a light amplification visor can be found in this secret, its primary purpose is its involvement in getting the blue key.
- Sector 391: At the far southeast end of the map, head up the stairs and use the lift up. From there, go down the hall to the right to the dead end. Notice that one of the lights here is purple, use it for a lift down to boxes of rockets and energy cells, and you can drop to the BFG9000 from here.
- Sector 533: This is the sector where the blue key is located.
- Sector 612: At the far southeast end of the map, head up the stairs and use the lift up. From there, take the door on the left and into the next room with the switch and the fans. One of the fans here is broken. Drop down here and look right at the two metal beams for a glowing switch. Use it and then a megaarmor will be revealed behind you.
- Sector 653: South of the red keycard, there is a narrow corridor, guarded by zombies on platforms, with a lift at the end. Lower the lift, and as it rises, jump on to the west platform, and take the rocket launcher.
- Sector 795: After one of the yellow doors, there is a room with a super shotgun, which will reveal a cacodemon when taken. In this same room, press the green computer texture with the flashing light. The adjacent wall lowers, revealing a corridor with a soulsphere.
- Sector 876: South of secret #6, there is a room with more computers and a floor with wiring. In the north of this room, near the exit door, there is a wiring panel. Activate this to lower some nearby pillars, giving access to a plasma rifle.
- Sector 1036: In the far north of the map, a usable wall is indicated by multiple green lights. A green armor is on the other side.
A shotgun guy (Thing 690), two rockets (582 and 584) and four sets of 4 shotgun shells (585 through 588) have no flags set for any of the three difficulty classes, so they do not actually appear in the level.
Areas / screenshots
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 20, 2018.
This level contains twelve spawn points:
- facing west. (thing 808)
- facing west. (thing 809)
- facing south-east. (thing 967)
- facing north. (thing 970)
- facing south. (thing 1111)
- facing east. (thing 1112)
- facing east. (thing 1113)
- facing north-west. (thing 1114)
- facing north-west. (thing 1115)
- facing west. (thing 1116)
- facing east. (thing 1117)
- facing north. (thing 1118)