MAP15: Where Hate Runs Red (Plutonia 2)
|Plutonia 2 maps 12-20|
MAP15: Where Hate Runs Red is the fifteenth map of Plutonia 2. It was designed by Charly Goulois (Kira), and uses the music track "Starting Out" by Stuart Rynn. It appears to have been inspired by Perfect Hatred, Against Thee Wickedly and Speed.
This level contains a secret exit leading to MAP31: Cybernation which is only accessible via an arch-vile blast attack to access the secret exit which is behind a window near the regular exit.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Get the berserk pack and kill the Hell knights. Open the door ahead and pick up the super shotgun on the other side. There are a few lost souls and pain elementals in this large room, so get rid of them before proceeding. Use the ramps near the super shotgun platform to jump to the next platform, where you will need the red and blue keys to proceed further into the map. When you jump, an arch-vile appears behind you while cacodemons will attack from the front. Go to the left side of the platform and look left for an opening. In this area, drop into the blood, and notice the central pillar has a teleporter on it. The directional arrows point to what side of the teleporter you will end up on when you use it; for example, enter the teleporter from the southern side to appear on the southern ledge. While you are here, there are spectres in the blood, and a cyberdemon attacks from the left side (he may have seen you from the beginning of the level). There are several lowered bridges here, and if you teleport to the northern side of the room (watch out when you pick up the plasma gun, as chaingunners will appear), you will find a switch that raises the bridges, so you can freely use them to move around the room. The left side has the blue skull key.
After you have the key, return to the big platform and press the skull switch with blue bars around it. This will open up the central shack with a teleporter inside. Enter it to appear in a courtyard on the right side of the map. Grab the rocket launcher and prepare the fight a large horde of revenants. Open the door and blast the cyberdemon, then press the switch inside. An arch-vile shows up in the blood pit where the revenants were, so kill him and head into the blood pit. An opening to the southwest leads to the red skull key, as well as a passage back to the big platform. Open the door on the other side (with red skull markings) and press the skull switch behind it. This will lower the red skull barrier to the north. Walk up the stairs, and the door ahead will open up right away, with arch-viles inside. The normal exit is straight ahead. The secret exit is also in this room, and is accessible through the fake window; read Secret #3 to reach it.
Other points of interest
- From the start, proceed straight and run of the top of the stairs on the right hand side. To your right you will notice two halls with bloodfalls on the right. Run and drop into the lower hallway, and pass through the bloodfall (#1) to get a megasphere.
- After opening the red door and climbing the stairs, a door will open with one, two or three arch-viles (depending on your skill level). Turn around and run down the stairs over the gap into the now-opened column (#2) to get a BFG9000 and an energy cell pack.
- (Exit to secret level) In the regular exit room, step into the light so an arch-vile appears on your left. While the arch-vile is loading up to attack you, run up to and face the elevated window on the right. The arch-vile's attack will send you airborne through the window (#3), where you can pick up a berserk pack to restore your health and find the secret level exit.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for this map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV speed (normal exit)||00:07||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2009-01-06||p215-007kimo.zip|
|UV speed (secret exit)||00:10||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2009-10-14||p215s010.zip|
|NM speed (normal exit)||00:07||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2009-03-18||p215n007.zip|
|NM speed (secret exit)||00:15||Red-XIII||2010-02-05||p215n015.zip|
|UV pacifist (normal exit)||00:07||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2009-01-06||p215-007kimo.zip|
|UV pacifist (secret exit)||00:10||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2009-10-14||p215s010.zip|
Last updated on June 17, 2013.
|UV pacifist TAS (normal exit)||00:05||ClumsyDoomer||2013-03-24||p215x005.zip|
|First Demo Attempt||16:49||Memfis||2011-02-04||pl2mem15.zip||1|
Last updated on April 13, 2013.
1. ^ Final time of 00:19.
Inspiration and development
- During development this map was called Speedy Hatred.