MAP15: Ziegenhaus (Super MAYhem 17)
MAP15: Ziegenhaus is the fifteenth map of Super MAYhem 17. It was designed by Xaser Acheron and uses the music track "Slam Shuffle," originally composed by Nobuo Uematsu for Final Fantsy VI and sequenced to MIDI.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
To reach Secret #8 and the secret exit, you need to find eight red coins in the map, which can be collected in any order. You will also need the blue key to access both exits. The locations of the coins are given below:
- One red coin is northwest of the starting point. Once the gate lowers allowing you into the town, go along the fence to reach it.
- In Secret #1.
- Go along the ledge outside the building where Secret #1 is around until you reach this red coin.
- Up the steps to the building with the switch for Secret #1, open the other door into this larger building and go down the steps until you can drop to the floor below. Enter the dark alley and behind the revenant is a red coin.
- On the ledge where you can jump to Secret #4, a nearby dark window holds a revenant and another one of the coins.
- In Secret #5.
- In Secret #7.
- At the southwest end of the large area below the blue key.
Other points of interest
- Go along the road at the start until you get to two boxes of rockets, then veer from the road to the alley on the right. Climb the steps and turn around, opening the door to this building. Find the switch here and use it, then quickly leave the building the way you came in and run north to the building above the steps. One of the red coins needed for the secret exit will be here. (sector 1214)
- Entering Secret #1 triggers lifts around the room with revenants on them. Ride the lift up on the west side and find the corridor past the energy cell pack. Walking on this corridor causes it to drop, but stay on and it will rise again. Look out for the arch-vile, then at the end of the corridor you can drop into a building with a computer area map. (sector 1198)
- At the east side of the map where the floor lowers, head for the northeast corner and attempt to climb the steps for them to lower. When they lower all the way, press on the wall that is supposed to be the top of the steps to lower it. Ride it up and push west to get an invulnerability. (sector 391)
- Now ride that same platform up and open the door that the sign points to. You can strafejump to the berserk pack to the northwest from the top of the steps here. (sector 349)
- Head back to the east side of the map and go back to the main entry point to this area (the one with arachnotrons). Here, go a bit south and then north, making sure the floor has risen up. Open the west wall here to find an energy cell pack and one of the red coins needed for the secret exit. (sector 1284)
- At the south end of the east area of the map, you can make a jump towards the water column. Inside you will find a megaarmor. (sector 296)
- Also at the south end, you may notice near the mancubus a wall that rises and lowers in accordance with the floor at the east end of the map. One of the red coins for the secret exit is over here. You may have to move on the floor at the east end of the map several times until you can find a combination that allows you to quickly get this red coin. (sector 1512)
- Once you collect all eight of the red coins in the map along with the blue key, you can open the blue door in the northeast part of the map and go down the long set of steps to the secret exit. (sector 1474)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
Inspiration and development
- Ziegenhaus is German for goat house.