MAP16: Dungeon of D'Sparil (The Twilight Zone)
|The Twilight Zone maps 12-20|
This level occupies the map slot MAP16. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP16.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
MAP16: Dungeon of D'Sparil is the sixteenth map of The Twilight Zone. It was designed by Paul Corfiatis and uses the music track from E1M9/E3M8/E4M9 of Heretic, composed by Kevin Schilder. The par time defined in MAPINFO is 2:30.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Exit the starting room to the north and go towards the bloody door in the corner, which will open. When it does, use the banner with the bird on it to find a hidden passage leading down to a soul sphere. (sector 36)
- In the blue key cathedral, grab the key for the north and south walls to open. Shoot the switch in the south wall to open two doors leading to these walls near the blue key. These walls contain partial invisibility, a box of rockets, and a rocket launcher. (sector 112)
- See Secret #2. (sector 113)
- Enter the exit room, then quickly run back to the starting point and through the passage to find a megasphere. (sector 178)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on January 16, 2022.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 19)
- facing east. (thing 63)
- facing west. (thing 130)
- facing west. (thing 173)
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: