MAP16: Hangman's Noose (Community Chest 3)
|Community Chest 3 maps 12-20|
MAP16: Hangman's Noose is the sixteenth map of Community Chest 3. It was designed by Matt Devlin (Shadow Dweller), and subsequently detailed and partially reworked by Eric Baker (The Green Herring). It uses the music track from MAP01 of TNT: Evilution.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Other points of interest
- In the gray and brown room filled with crates after the caged walkway, there is a switch hidden behind crates in the northwest corner. Activate this switch, and the walls will briefly lower to reveal a secret elevator. (sector 58) While inside, press the thin switch to be taken up to an alcove with a rocket launcher and three rockets. Press the switch again to be taken back down and the wall switch to free yourself.
- In the dark, metal passageway immediately after the same room as secret #1, the lights surrounding the red panel in the southeast does not flicker. Open this panel to find a stimpack, a box of rockets, and a super shotgun. (sector 79)
- In the large, rectangular room where the blue key door is, the light on the panel at the top of the computer in the southeast randomly flickers. Jump onto it from the walkway in the east and the metal ring in the center will drop to reveal a switch. Pressing this switch will activate an elevator holding twelve health bonuses. (sector 300) Ride the elevator up to find the BFG9000.
The following multiplayer-only things have no flags set for any of the three difficulty classes, so they do not actually appear in the level: a shotgun (thing 471), a plasma gun (483), a chaingun (498), and a rocket launcher (500).
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 22, 2018.
This level contains twenty-three spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 436)
- facing south-east. (thing 437)
- facing east. (thing 438)
- facing south. (thing 439)
- facing south-east. (thing 440)
- facing north. (thing 441)
- facing north. (thing 442)
- facing south-east. (thing 443)
- facing west. (thing 444)
- facing south-west. (thing 445)
- facing west. (thing 446)
- facing south. (thing 447)
- facing south-west. (thing 448)
- facing south-east. (thing 449)
- facing west. (thing 450)
- facing east. (thing 451)
- facing south. (thing 452)
- facing north. (thing 453)
- facing east. (thing 454)
- facing south. (thing 455)
- facing east. (thing 456)
- facing north-east. (thing 457)
- facing south-east. (thing 458)
Inspiration and development
The original, submitted level was designed using TNT: Evilution as the IWAD. Although it was converted to be playable with Doom II, the sky and music were chosen based on what the level used when TNT was loaded.