MAP16: Predatorium (Plutonia 2)
|Plutonia 2 maps 12-20|
MAP16: Predatorium is the sixteenth map of Plutonia 2. It was designed by Adolf Vojta (Gusta), and uses the music track "Come Out Fighting" by Eric Baker (The Green Herring). The par time defined in MAPINFO is 2:30.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
You will have to contend with a lot of enemies around you at the beginning. There is a shotgun straight north of your starting point and a super shotgun to the northwest. If you are having major troubles, head into the building north of your starting point, and lure the revenants out of there so you can acquire an invulnerability, a soul sphere, and some boxes of shotgun shells. You can get the keys in any order you wish.
You will see a red key at your starting point, but it is not accessible. Instead, head southwest of your starting point into an octagonal room, where Hell knights will attack. Keep heading southwest, then in the next open area, head northward to reach the red skull key. All the while watch out for monsters that ambush you, and be mindful about the walls opening once you pick up the key.
From the building north of the starting point, open the eastern door. Head downstairs and open the next door, into the C-shaped veranda with chaingunners. A gargoyle switch is in the middle of the veranda. Press it, and the demonic block behind you will lower. A cyberdemon will attack you while lost souls converge in on you. Fend off everyone, then go back the way you came. Back at the northern building, head southeast, across the bridge to the yellow key, looking out for monsters appearing on the teleport pads as you grab it.
The blue skull key is in the southern section of the map. You can get to it from any direction, but when you do, head for the back alley way with former humans on it (be careful if you are coming in from the west as chaingunners would ambush you). The blue key is guarded by a lone baron of Hell.
Once you have all three keys, go to where the blue key was and find the blue bars that are to the west of it. Open them and flip the switch inside. Go back to the octagonal room that had Hell knights inside and you will find the southeast and northwest doors are opened. Pick up the BFG9000 from the southeast, then head northwest, taking the teleporter to appear up top where a few arch-viles are (unless you killed them already). Hit the gargoyle switch with red bars around it, then jump out the window to the north, appearing back near the starting point. You should see another gargoyle switch, with yellow bars around it. Press it to open up the exit, then head through the northeast room (formerly blocked by red bars) and then around to reach the exit. Press one final switch to lower the pad to leave the level.
Other points of interest
- When picking up the blue skull key just keep walking north, cross the walkway and fall into the pit north of it. At the northern end of this pit are four stimpacks. From there turn around and you will see a very small red button on the beam. Push it, then go through the teleporter on the right. Now on the walkway you just crossed a moment ago, enter the large door at it's northeastern end. In this room, a step has been lowered, enabling you to access the teleporter. Go through it for a soul sphere. (sector 156)
- Return to the walkway mentioned in secret #1. Go west through the passage with the blue bars to your right, two steps up and down the stairs after the invisibility sphere. The northern end of this pit will have some stairs heading up. Before heading up the stairs, look left and notice the recessed wall. (sector 415) Open it up for nine health bonuses and a blue armor, guarded by four sergeants and a revenant.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
It is possible to reach the exit from the beginning, by utilizing an Arch-vile jump technique.
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||0:05.91||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2009-01-09||p216p591.zip||Cross-listed from Pacifist|
|UV max||4:55.77||Przemysław Woda (Belial)||2009-01-04||p216-455.zip|
|UV pacifist||0:05.91||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2009-01-09||p216p591.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
|UV speed TAS||0:04.83||Light_Speed||2012-01-20||p216x483.zip|
|First Demo Attempt||19:50||Memfis||2011-02-05||pl2mem16.zip||Final time of 00:32|
The data was last verified in its entirety on January 14, 2022.
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 360)
- facing north. (thing 363)
- facing west. (thing 364)
- facing west. (thing 366)
- facing north-west. (thing 367)
- facing north-east. (thing 368)
Inspiration and development
- Amongst possible names for this map during development were Precariottes and Predation.