MAP16: The Settlements of Nifell (Project Einherjar)
|Project Einherjar maps|
|The Gaulheim Hit|
|Deep Into White Hell|
|The Scourge of Mordin|
|Return to Jotunheim|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Grab all the supplies and walk along the cliffside to the large canyon clearing. There are two paths out of this area, and both lead to different post-nuclear towns. Two buildings can be entered in the eastern town, but their doors open remotely; there is a cliffside house accessible from this town with extra supplies, and a generator that can be operated with a red key.
The Thane in the western town carries a yellow key, which is required to operate one of the two dynamite detonators: it clears a path to the red key. The exit switch is also here, behind a locked gate. The second detonator pushes up a series of rock platforms Juno can use to reach the house with the blue door.
Use the red key on the eastern town's generator to open the door to the first house. Kill the Stepchildren inside and flip the switch to access the second house and the blue key. Return to the blue house and fight your way to another switch that lowers the tower of the western town. Go back into town and kill Sheriff Gallos to open the exit gate.
Boss: Sheriff Gallos
The Sheriff emerges from the town tower with a Valraven escort. He is the easiest boss of the episode, armed only with a revolver; however, he is trigger-happy and prone to "fan" the weapon, firing up to six shots in rapid succession. Once he dies, the exit gate opens.
Gallos emits a malicious laugh when alerted; aside from that, he makes no sound while hunting Juno, and may easily sneak up on her in the maze-like town layout.
Other points of interest
- Juno can view the exterior of MAP15: Dark Territory from her starting position, far in the distance.
- The cliffside house near the starting point has a hidden closet in the bedroom, containing health and blue armor. (sector 124) If you kill the house's inhabitants, the armor becomes inaccessible.
- The ledge along the western town hides a set of spring mines.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
Inspiration and development
- In the original version of this map, the map was one giant pain sector, given the lack of protection against the nuclear winter sun. Juno must move quickly and stockpile outland suits to avoid taking damage whenever she ventures outdoors. This feature was removed in version 4.5.4 to allow players to explore the towns at their leisure.