MAP17: Abyss of Death (Whitemare 2)
|Whitemare 2 maps 12-20|
This level occupies the map slot MAP17. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP17.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
MAP17: Abyss of Death is the seventeenth map of Whitemare 2. It was designed by BigMemka and uses the music track "". The par time defined in MAPINFO is 7:00.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- On the rocks south of the first bridge, you can drop to a ledge with a megaarmor. (sector 71)
- When you reach the first bridge, fall towards it from the northern side to find boxes of ammo. (sector 74)
- When you reach the red key, go a bit east and around the wood fence, then jump southwest towards the bridge to find a megaarmor. (sector 143)
- At the easternmost bridge, the ledge to the north of it contains boxes of rockets. You can jump here from the east end. (sector 291)
An imp (Thing 60) near the western megaarmor has no flags set for any of the three difficulty classes, so it does not actually appear in the level.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on January 14, 2022.
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: