MAP17: Contraband (Project Einherjar)
|Project Einherjar maps|
|The Gaulheim Hit|
|Deep Into White Hell|
|The Scourge of Mordin|
|Return to Jotunheim|
MAP17: Contraband is the seventeenth map of Project Einherjar. It was designed by Mike MacDee (Impie) and uses the music track "".
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
A perimeter sweep should be the foremost thing on your schedule: sweep through the shipyard and take out any enemies you find. Once the outdoor area is safe, move to the building at the center of the harbor and go up the stairs to interrupt a meeting between a Thane and several Valkyrie officers. The Thane carries the yellow key required to enter the office block on the warehouse's upper levels. You can also clear out the small Einherjar lab next door for a few extra goodies.
The office block contains valuable equipment behind locked doors, and several nasty ambushes. Your tour of this area ends full-circle with the blue key in your possession. Use it to grab the items in the armory before you leave.
Back at the warehouse catwalk there are two more blue doors: one guards a switch that opens the warehouse doors... and a nearby trailer containing several Jotun Einherjar troops, which run amok in the shipyard. Beware the monsters you have also just released from the warehouse, since they can easily sneak up on you while you deal with the Einherjar. Climb the crates to reach the red key, which opens the exit door.
Other points of interest
- At the starting position, the westernmost truck has a mine on top of it. (sector 364)
- Board the ship on the far east side of the pier and climb the stairs: this will open a warehouse window that hides a shootable switch, which lowers the crate blocking the nearby air vent. Inside the vent is a suit of blue armor and a ballistic knife. (sector 102)
- A desk switch in the shipyard Thane's office opens a console in the hall just outside, revealing a missile pod. (sector 194)
- With a bit of crate jumping you can board the seemingly inaccessible ship loaded with giant blue trailers. On the bow is a medical backpack. (sector 53)
- On the same ship there is a trailer with one end unmarked. Open the unmarked end to reveal the Mako Gauss cannon. (sector 366)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: