MAP17: Dismalady (Claustrophobia 1024 2)
|Claustrophobia 1024 2 maps 12-20
MAP17: Dismalady is the seventeenth map of Claustrophobia 1024 2. It was designed by Przemek Zimny (alterworldruler), TheMionicDonut and Joonas Äijälä (Jodwin), and uses the music track "Final Jam" by Derek Clay.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Take the super shotgun in front of you and use it to kill the demons (and Hell knights on Ultra-Violence (UV) and Nightmare (NM) skill levels) waiting outside, then open the door in the south-west corner and go down the steps (passing one or two revenants on Hurt Me Plenty or higher) to a switch, which is guarded by an arch-vile on UV and NM. Press the switch then go back to the starting area, where a door has opened in the south wall to reveal a couple of chaingunners, then go through and turn left to pull a switch that will open a second door to the east. Step on the lift behind that door to go down to a second chamber with a demon (and a caged knight on UV and NM), then pull a third switch on the north wall. Now ride the lift back up and go back to the first switch you pressed, then step on the red teleporter here to go down to a sludge pool with imps and the blue keycard.
Go back up to the starting area, where shotgun guys and demons (plus knights on HMP and a revenant on UV and NM) have appeared, then open the blue key door in the north-west corner to face one or two revenants. Drop down the hole at the north end and step forward, kill one or two chaingunners that appear ahead then shoot the skull switch behind them to open a door on your right and reveal one or two knights. Go up the stairs next to the knights and collect the yellow keycard at the top, then open the silver door on your left to get back to the starting room, where chaingunners and demons (plus knights on HMP and a revenant on UV and NM) have appeared. Go through the north-west door again and open the large silver wall directly ahead to face a pain elemental and lost souls, open the south door to face one or two revenants then go round the corner to enter a hallway with one to three cacodemons. Go to the end of the hallway and turn right to see two zombiemen and/or chaingunners guarding the red keycard.
Go back to the starting area and kill a knight (replaced with one or two barons of Hell on HMP or higher), then pass through the south-west door again and open the red key door directly ahead to find a lift (watch out for a waiting knight on HMP, or a baron on UV and NM). Flip the switch in the lift to go down to a square room, then step forward to trigger an ambush - depending on skill level you will face imps, mancubi, knights or barons that either teleport in or are waiting behind the cages in the west wall. Press the skull switch in the south-east corner to lower another lift, ride it up then step outside to finish the level.
Other points of interest
- Go through the door in the south-west corner of the starting area, turn left then head down the steps until you hear a door open behind you. As soon as that happens, look north and quickly shoot the newly-revealed button on the northern wall before it closes again. If successful, a wall will open at the bottom of the steps revealing a supercharge. (sector 80)
- When you go through the door to the yellow key room, you will hear another door opening. Turn right and quickly flip the switch behind you before it closes, which will open a compartment in the room behind the blue key door containing a plasma gun. (sector 228)
- After getting the red key, open the door next to it then go back to the room behind the blue key door. Flip the switch on the south wall, then quickly run back to where you found the red key to collect a supercharge on a lift before it rises again. (sector 320)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 21, 2021.
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 247)
- facing south-east. (thing 248)
- facing north. (thing 249)
- facing south-west. (thing 250)
- facing south-east. (thing 251)