MAP17: Grim Keep (2048 Unleashed)
|2048 Unleashed maps 12-20|
|All Hope for Terror|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Take the shotgun, armor and radiation shielding suit around you then follow the path north, watching out for demons and imps that teleport in. Head west across some nukage into a cavern, passing imps and Hell knights on the way, then turn left to confront some imps and a mancubus guarding a staircase (the wood block with the mancubus will lower as you approach). Grab the super shotgun and backpack at the top of the steps then turn left and climb up two more sets of steps guarded by a chaingunner to enter the keep.
There are four chain switches inside the keep that need to be pulled to open the path to the yellow skull key.
- Head east to a floor with brown squares, then look right to see a couple of steps guarded by two shotgun guys (and a revenant behind a fence. Go down the steps and head forward until you reach chain #1 behind a pillar depicting a robed figure.
- Go back to the brown square floor and kill the zombies that have teleported in then head east up a staircase. When you reach the top (a cacodemon is waiting here) a wooden block holding a mancubus will lower behind you - go past this block to find chain #2 behind a pair of imps.
- Go back to the top of the stairs, where you can see a wooden door requiring the yellow key to open. North-east of this door is another door that is unlocked - open it to find chain #3 guarded by two shotgun guys and a chaingunner.
- Go back through the door and head west, killing three arachnotrons that block your way. Head round the corner to find chain #4 on the left-hand wall.
After pulling the final chain, a door will open to the south. Shoot the satyr switch you can see through the door to raise a small bridge then go through the door and turn left to get on the outer wall of the keep. Head forward until a door opens in front of you to reveal two revenants, kill them then step on the silver pressure pad in their chamber to open another door leading to the east wall. Head along the east wall and pass three crushers then go round the corner and climb the steps ahead to reach the yellow skull key. The pillar next to the key will lower to reveal a rocket launcher - use it to kill two revenants that teleport in below as well as imps that appear on the outer edges of the level.
Head west through a doorway that has opened and go through the yellow key door to return to the center of the keep. Kill or avoid the barons of Hell that teleport in then head round to the top of the staircase (near chain #3) and open the yellow key door here to confront two revenants. Go through the door and turn left to kill an arch-vile that rises from the floor then follow the red floor down some steps to find a baron guarding a lift. Step on the lift and ride it down to a door, which will end the level when you try to open it.
Other points of interest
A chainsaw can be found in the cavern in the north-west corner of the level, guarded by a cacodemon.
- At the west end of the keep, the wooden block with the mancubus will lower on approach. Head past the block and go into the nukage going east. You will eventually reach a platform with a box of bullets, a box of shotgun shells and a megaarmor. (sector 181)
- As you head up the wooden steps leading to the center of the keep, at the east set of steps, run south while hugging the wall. If you do it right, you will go over the rail and into the nukage below. At the south end is a supercharge. (sector 374)
- At the eastern walkway of the keep, head east at the two torches and head south to get a partial invisibility. (sector 396)
- Inside the central building, open the stained glass window to the south then use the tiny ledges near it to get through the window and drop down to a plasma gun. (sector 387)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 21, 2021.
This level contains twelve spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 262)
- facing south-west. (thing 263)
- facing south-east. (thing 264)
- facing north. (thing 265)
- facing north-west. (thing 266)
- facing south. (thing 267)
- facing south. (thing 268)
- facing south. (thing 269)
- facing west. (thing 270)
- facing south-west. (thing 271)
- facing north. (thing 272)
- facing north. (thing 273)