MAP17: Mountain Siege (Baculus)
|Baculus maps 12-20|
This level occupies the map slot MAP17. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP17.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
MAP17: Mountain Siege is the seventeenth map of Baculus. It was designed by Glen Christie (Crunchynut44) and uses the music track "Death's Bells" by L.A. Sieben, from TNT: Evilution.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- At the start, go to the switch and open the vent to the east to find a computer area map. (sector 109)
- In the blue key area, head to the blue door to the east and gently drop to a platform below containing a green armor. (sector 59)
- Take the lift at the northeast end up, then hug the fence to the west. You will go through it. Head onto the island to get a box of shotgun shells, a stimpack, and partial invisibility. (sector 126)
- In the central nukage pit, head to the northeast side with the switch for the lift. Use the switch, but instead of taking the lift, run all the way to the southwest side of the nukage pit and get onto the lowered lift before it rises. When it rises, jump across the platforms to get a berserk pack. (sector 223)
- In the central nukage pit, head to the northwest side. There is a deep pit here with armor bonuses. (sector 227)
- On the ledge northeast of the central nukage pit, make a running jump south, across the nukage pit, onto a thin metal ledge. From here, hug the wall as you stay on the ledge until you enter a teleporter. This takes you to health bonuses, energy cells, and a plasma gun. (sector 260)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on February 21, 2022.
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: