MAP17: Processing Area (TNT: Evilution)
|TNT: Evilution maps 12-20|
MAP17: Processing Area is the seventeenth map of TNT: Evilution, designed by Tom Mustaine, who also composed the music track, "More."  In the Sony PlayStation port it uses the music track "Corrupted" composed by Aubrey Hodges.
In the starting area, use the door ahead or use the second one on the east. Inside, go along the corridor to the east. At the end, turn left and rise on the stairs leading into a computer room, there turn left and grab the yellow keycard.
From this room, you can descend down the stairs back to the corridor and open the UAC door requiring yellow key. Or you can enter a door in the room where there was the yellow key. Then down the stairs. Turn right and go forth to a room with the second yellow door and turn right in this room and flip a switch. This will make the keycard accessible. Enter the yellow door.
You will be in the nukage room overrun by barrels, and there is the blue keycard in the middle of the room. Spare the barrels as they will help you after they will explode. Try to make other monsters here not explode the barrels now. Walk over the risen bridge and take the blue keycard. A crowd of demons will spawn here in this room. Blow up the barrels. Eliminate the rest of survived demons. Leave the room via the closest door.
Return to first wide door near the beginning of the level. Enter a wooden room north of the door. Walk upstairs and open the blue door north of the room. In the next room, walk upstairs and take the red keycard lying on the computer panel north. Be noted that a pack of monsters will spawn here.
Backtrack to the wooden room near the beginning of the level. Take the corridor west. Open the red skull bars and flip the switch to end the level.
- From the start, walk all the way to the opposite end of the grassy area and go through the grey door there. From here, hug the right wall until you reach a slightly different-textured wall. Open it to get to the ledge surrounding the grassy area, at the end of which is a super shotgun. (sector 59)
- In the room with the yellow keycard, there are two banks of computers. Pressing use on the shorter one causes a nearby floor to lower, letting you access the adjacent courtyard. There's a tall pillar with a soul sphere atop it in one corner of the courtyard; the longer computer bank in the previous room lowers the pillar. So, to get the secret, use both banks before dropping into the courtyard, then run onto the soul sphere pillar while it's lowered. (sector 115)
- After taking care of business in the room behind the blue door, pick up the plasma rifle on the circular blue platform in the center of the room. This opens a door elsewhere. Go back through the blue door, and continue east down the long corridor. Near the end you'll see an open wall on the left; enter it and go down the hallway (sector 188) to reach another secret courtyard area.
- Part of the hallway (sector 167) leading to the courtyard in secret #3. Pressing the switch in this yard opens the door directly across from the exit switch, letting you access yet another courtyard, this one containing a BFG.
- Before you start hunting, open the door behind you at the start of the level to get a blur sphere.
- To get the mega armor on top of the central fountain, descend one of the two sets of stairs on either side while moving towards the fountain. You'll be able to work onto a section of fence. From there, run off it onto the lower part of the fountain. "Activate" the middle section, lowering it and repeat this with the top section.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are:
|UV speed||00:08||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2013-07-18||ev17-008.zip|
|NM speed||00:44||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2003-07-06||tn17-044.zip|
|NM100S||01:04||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2005-08-03||es17-104.zip|
|UV -fast||03:36||Jakub Razák (method_man)||2003-07-05||ef17-336.zip|
|UV -respawn||02:36||Jakub Machata (DooMerMan)||2003-07-05||er17-236.zip|
|UV Tyson||22:05||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2002-08-18||et172205.zip|
|UV pacifist||00:08||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2013-07-18||ep17-008.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 5, 2020.
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing north-east. (thing 20)
- facing west. (thing 59)
- facing west. (thing 157)
- facing south. (thing 158)
- facing west. (thing 159)
- facing west. (thing 160)
- To the west of the blue key room is an inaccessible area used to store monsters for teleportation into the level. If the player uses the noclip cheat and walks into this area, they will find the letters "TOM" and "NIИ" stitched into the walls. "NIИ" refers to Nine Inch Nails, and "TOM" refers to Tom Mustaine, the designer of the level.
- The map was initially one of the four maps Mustaine submitted to id Software for inclusion in the Master Levels; the others being System Control (the introduction map of the Evilution campaign), an unreleased map (available on Mustaine's web site) that was rejected due to its similarity to American McGee's Doom 2 map The Inmost Dens, and finally the accepted map Paradox.
- MAP17 demos from the Compet-n database: UV speed • NM speed • UV max • NM100S • UV -fast • UV -respawn • UV Tyson • UV pacifist