MAP17: RB Takes Over 32in24 (32in24-5)
|32in24-5 maps 12-20|
MAP17: RB Takes Over 32in24 is the seventeenth map of 32in24-5, a deathmatch megawad. It was designed by Conor Maddin (ClonedPickle) and mid, and uses the music track "Between Levels," originally composed by Robert Prince for Doom II.
This is a very small map, with the playable area occupying an area of 1248x1440 map units with room to spare. Much of the playable area consists of a single room, whilst the J-shaped area to the south-east is inaccessible decoration.
The south-east corner of the playable area is a raised platform, where players can find the super shotgun. There are steps on the north side of the platform to access it, as well as a lift on the western side, activated by an adjacent switch. From the north-west corner of this platform, players can run across a platform with a rocket launcher to reach a hallway that wraps around the northern and western edges of the map. A megaarmor is at the point of entry to this hallway, and stairs lead up from either side, with some ammunition at each end.
Between the platform and the hallway is a nukage pool that deals 5 damage before armor, with a narrow walkway for protection. A chaingun is available at the centre of the walkway. For added protection from the nukage if required, the exit room found at the south end of the map also contains a single radiation suit.
This level contains eight spawn points:
- In the entrance to the hallway, facing south-east. The megaarmor is immediately behind this spawn, and the rocket launcher is immediately in front. (thing 46)
- Outside the exit room door, facing north-east. The closest weapon is the shotgun 206 units to the north, however beware of spawn #3. (thing 49)
- Outside the exit room door, facing north-west. Equal distance from the shotgun. (thing 50)
- On the platform, along the eastern wall, facing west. (thing 51)
- On the nukage pool's walkway, facing south-east. Gets the chaingun on spawn. (thing 52)
- Between the hallways north exit and the steps to the platform, facing west. The shotgun is immediately in front of this spawn, at a distance of 72 units. (thing 53)
- On the platform, along the southern wall, facing north. This spawn has a distance advantage for the super shotgun over spawn #4, at 232 units to spawn #4's 320. (thing 54)
- 121 units north of spawn #6, facing south-west. The distance to the shotgun is almost twice that for spawn #6. (thing 55)
Areas / screenshots
|Box of bullets||3|
|Box of shotgun shells||3|
|Health & Armor||1-2||3||4-5|
|Radiation shielding suit||1|