MAP17: System Meltdown (Doomworld Mega Project 2017)
|DMP 2017 maps 11-20|
This level occupies the map slot MAP17. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP17.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
MAP17: System Meltdown is the seventeenth map of Doomworld Mega Project 2017. It was designed by Forli and uses the second music track from Fire Fight 2, originally composed by Janusz Pelc and Michal Doniec.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Enter the lava square hall to the west of the starting point and get to the west side of this hall. Use the switch at the south end and head to the southeast, riding the lift up to get a rocket launcher, a backpack, a radiation suit, health bonuses, stimpacks, and armor bonuses. (sector 4)
- From the starting point, head to the metal room to the east and into the hall to the north. Press on the gray wall on the left side to find an energy cell pack. (sector 670)
- When you reach the yellow key platform, go to the west side and shoot the switch in the distance, which will lower a platform with a soul sphere to the southwest. (sector 739)
- Grab a radiation suit in the yellow key area (there are several in a compartment to the east) and continue going east, then south, then east again. As you go underneath the beams, look for a brown wall on the south wall and open it to find some ammo. (sector 813)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on January 24, 2022.
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: