MAP17: Yellow Sea (Interception II)
|Interception II maps 12-20|
This level occupies the map slot MAP17. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP17.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
MAP17: Yellow Sea is the seventeenth map of Interception II. It was designed by DukeOfDoom and uses the music track "".
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- After opening the northeast building in the large section, enter it and take any of the lifts up. Fall into the middle to get energy cells and armor bonuses. All four of these middle sections count as one secret. (sector 60)
- Take the teleporter south from where the blue key is. When you emerge, use the lift next to you to get to the top of the building where you can get a BFG9000 and energy cells. (sector 249)
- When you get the blue key, jump through the wall to the east to get rockets and an invulnerability. (sector 329)
- In the large section, enter the southeast maze and grab a backpack to access a section with blood. Find the bright section with a mancubus and you will teleport back to the south end of the map. Return to the maze and this time you will be able to get the green armor and soul sphere at the end without teleporting. (sector 363)
- Open the doors in the northwest building in the large section, then go through the west door. Look north and shoot at the switch behind the translucent wall, then you can head south and around picking up armor bonuses, health bonuses, and backpacks. (sector 388)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on February 21, 2022.
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: