MAP18: By Silent Wings (2048 Unleashed)
|2048 Unleashed maps 12-20|
|All Hope for Terror|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Go through the door on your right and head south until you walk over two square steps, then look for a door on your left and open it to confront shotgun guys and demons. There is a switch in the north-west corner which will lower a lift next to it - approach the switch to open two alcoves containing a Hell knight and a revenant (or two revenants on Hurt Me Plenty (HMP) skill level or higher), then ride the lift up and head north across the bridge to another door at the opposite end. Open the door and kill the imps waiting behind it, then step through and pull the chain switch on your right. Go back to the bridge to find that the square steps you walked over earlier have risen - run across them to a ledge with the red skull key as well as armor and ammo.
Drop off the ledge and head south, going round the gray tower you entered earlier until you reach the center of the level which has a marble brick tower guarded by an arachnotron. South-west of this structure is a red key door - open it to confront a demon as well as (depending on skill level) imps or knights and revenants or an arch-vile. Kill all the monsters then enter the room (the door will close behind you) and head forward to a lift which will take you down to a chamber with a sludge pool. Kill the imps, demons and one or two knights here then enter the knights' cage to find a chain switch that will lower a lift by the north wall. Ride this lift up and kill any zombies waiting at the top then turn right to find a switch between two tan pillars.
Flipping the switch will lower a lift in the east wall of the sludge room, but a knight and a revenant (or two revenants on HMP or higher) will have been released from alcoves when you ride the first lift back down. After riding the second lift up, kill the chaingunners and shotgun guys waiting at the top then step into the teleporter they were guarding - you will find yourself in front of a switch that will open the marble brick tower ahead revealing revenants, lost souls, cacodemons and (on HMP or higher) a pain elemental. Enter the tower and step on the white teleporter pad to finish the level.
Other points of interest
Super shotguns can be found at the tops of lifts in the south-east and north-west corners of the level.
- Get to the north end of the map and use the lift to go up. Jump out the left window and onto a rock with a tree, then jump to another rock below to get rockets. (sector 164)
- Open the red door and go towards the lift. A wall to the east will open revealing a cacodemon. Inside this compartment, use the switch tucked in the north-east corner, which will open another compartment nearby with a plasma gun (and a chaingunner on HMP or higher). (sector 23)
- In the cage with the teleporter at the south end of the map, if you look east from the northern-most cage, you may notice a switch up above. You are supposed to shoot this switch to open a nearby wall containing a berserk pack and rockets, however this switch is too high to shoot without resorting to freelook or cheat codes, rendering this secret unreachable without either of them. (sector 144)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 21, 2021.
This level contains eight spawn points:
- facing south-east. (thing 297)
- facing north-east. (thing 298)
- facing north-west. (thing 299)
- facing north-east. (thing 300)
- facing west. (thing 301)
- facing west. (thing 302)
- facing north-west. (thing 303)
- facing north. (thing 304)