MAP18: Godforsaken Hole (Community Chest 3)
|Community Chest 3 maps 12-20|
This level occupies the map slot MAP18. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP18.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- In the room at the very east of the map, one of the torches is blue, unlike all others which are green. Press on the wall near this torch, and the column with the backpack will lower. (sector 110)
- At the northeast of the map, you can enter the revenant's cage (sector 187) by using a switch located on its back side. There's a berserk pack inside the cage. Beware the damaging floor surrounding the cage though.
- In the area near the previous secret, there's a cavern with blue torches. At the east of the cavern, hidden by a rock formation and guarded by a Hell knight, there's a switch. Pressing this switch opens a small room with a teleporter at the west of the cavern where the red switch is. This teleporter will warp you to a small cliff in the room with the lava pool (sector 133), where you can find a BFG9000 and some ammo.
- The switch you need to press to reach the previous secret also opens another hidden teleporter. From the previous secret, drop down to the west side of the room and take the northernmost path. The teleporter will be to your left, closer to the lift that takes you back to the starting room. Entering it will take you to the top of the pillar in the starting room where the revenant was. (sector 17) There you will find a supercharge.
- The cliff with the arachnotron in the same room where secret #3 is located houses a plasma rifle. (sector 148) You can drop down there from the nearby marble balcony.
- At the west of the dark room at the north of the map, you can see an invisibility. (sector 271) To reach it, go up the stairs to the next room, and press on the demon face at the northeast. It will lower like a lift, opening a passage to the powerup.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV -nomonsters||03:13||Mark Anders (Marco)||2008-07-06||c318o313.zip|
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 22, 2018.