MAP18: Killer Color Blindness (50 Shades of Graytall)
|50 Shades of Graytall maps 12-18|
MAP18: Killer Color Blindness is the easter-egg map of 50 Shades of Graytall. It was designed by Argentum and uses the music track "I Choose the Stairs" from Rise of the Triad by Lee Jackson. The level is set in the sky mansion composed of a large number of sequential rooms and corridors. It will lead to Level 1: Entrygray after completion.
Gray concrete (FLAT19) was chosen as a preferred flat texture for this map.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Other points of interest
- Inside the hallway accessible from the teleporter in the southeast room, you will notice several torches. If you look at the floors and ceiling, you will notice that the lights will flash from all but one of the torches. Find the torch that is not flashing lights and shoot the wall behind it. This lowers a block containing a revenant and allowing access to the hall behind the torches with chaingunners and an arch-vile, and a BFG9000 is on the sector which counts as the secret. (sector 80)
- In the southeast room, use the tech column here to lower a wall with barons of Hell, a soul sphere, and a berserk pack. (sector 98)
- Just before the exit door, drop down to get a megasphere. (sector 153)
- The hall leading to the southwest room has a wall with two red stripes on it. Use this wall to open up a megaarmor. (sector 470)
- Enter the corridor northwest of your starting point to get medikits and a box of rockets. (sector 738)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
Last updated on 14 January, 2018.
Inspiration and development
- The name of this map is a reference to MAP31: Killer Colours, from the Alien Vendetta megawad.