MAP18: Lake Poison (Alien Vendetta)
|Alien Vendetta maps 11-20|
MAP18: Lake Poison is the eighteenth map of Alien Vendetta. It was designed by Anders Johnsen and uses the music track "Death's Bells", from TNT: Evilution's MAP04: Wormhole. The par time defined in the executable is 12:20.
Lake Poison is a large map with intimidating fights that would be a lot trickier but for the extremely generous supply of health and ammo. Head through the nukage shaft, and press on the wooden wall to open a large open area with plenty of monsters to contend with. If you want a soul sphere, backtrack across the submerged carts you sidestepped on your way, grabbing backpacks as you go, and grab the soul sphere inside a small cove. You can find a rocket launcher just to the east of the path across the nukage. Take the path up the stairs and head right. Press on the crate on the wall to find a switch to the next area. There are a few traps along the way to gathering the three keys, most notably a Hell knight ambush on the bridge near the first spider mastermind. Past that trap, head on either path and you will end up in the hub for the area with the three keys. This area is pretty tough. An army of imps teleport into the nukage-filled halls once you enter this place. Be sure to pick up a radiation suit in the alcoves while you are here. There are a total of four buildings to go to:
- The southwest building has a spider mastermind and a switch, which opens a room with pain elementals and the blue keycard.
- The southeast building has revenants and a switch, press it.
- The northeast building has the yellow key. If you pressed the switch in the southeast building, it will be available for pickup. Be careful of the arch-viles as you approach it, and the mancubi after you pick it up.
- The northwest building has a simple path to the red keycard. There is an assortment of monsters in your way: mancubi, arch-viles, and chaingunners, as well as revenants when you pick up the key.
When you have all three keys, leave this area and head back to the large open areas near the start. At the top of the stairs, head left. Go through all of the key barriers and press this switch to lower a lift down and onwards. Go across the path, being wary of traps and surprise ambushes, until the large hall. You will fight a huge battle with ten spider masterminds and other assorted monsters, but cells and soul spheres are so plentiful here that the room can be easily cleared by charging around with BFG9000 blazing.
When you are satisfied with your killings in this area, head into the nukage westward through a tunnel. In this room with pain elementals, press either switch to lower the lift, and take it up to a large open area. This place has a number of caged monsters, as well as mancubi which pop out of the ground. Head around the backside of the northern building to find an assortment of zombies, then head towards the staircase on its southeast end. Climb up, and follow the path to the exit.
- Behind the BFG on the east side of the map is a computer panel. Open it and follow the path up and around to get a soul sphere. (sector 91)
- In the room with the yellow keycard, there are three red alcoves in the north wall. Run from the walkway into the westmost alcove and open its back wall. Follow the path around and open the wall at dead-end to get the soul sphere in the eastmost alcove. (sector 272)
- After having collected your three hard-earned keys and now able to access the lift which leads to the western portions of the map, do not push forward immediately. Lower the lift as usual, but do not leave it and ride it to the top instead. There, you will discover a niche with a tempting soul sphere inside to claim; mind the chaingunner that will ambush you though. Because of his isolated placement, you will certainly want to visit this place if you are aiming for 100% kills percentage on this level.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
Current Compet-n records
The Compet-n records for the map are:
|UV speed||02:21||Jakub Razák (method_man)||2003-05-27||av18-221.zip|
|NM speed||05:32||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2010-03-08||an18s532.zip|
|UV max||11:20||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2010-02-23||av181120.zip|
|NM100S||05:32||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2010-03-08||an18s532.zip|
|UV -fast||22:30||Chris Ratcliff (Ryback)||2003-01-24||af182230.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 6, 2020.
Current DSDA records
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||2:21.74||Jakub Razák (method_man)||2003-05-27||av18-221.zip|
|NM 100S||2:56.69||Artem Safronov (SAV88)||2018-07-18||av18s256.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on June 1, 2022.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 1097)
- facing south. (thing 1098)
- facing south. (thing 1100)
- facing west. (thing 1102)