MAP18: Silent Hour (Speed of Doom)
|Speed of Doom maps 12-20|
This level occupies the map slot MAP18. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP18.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- South from the start, there's a tiny room with a mancubus and a backpack. To access it, look outside: there's a lamp on the wall by the revenant. Open it to access the backpack. (sector 225)
- Open the door east of the start and go down the stairs. Veer to the left into the crate storage, and look at the UAC monitors on the wall to the left: the row of lights to the left of it is blue rather than white. Use it to lower a crate stack nearby and open the way to another room with health and various kinds of ammo. (sector 249)
- Inside Secret #2, there's a brown crate stack with a grey side. Use it to enter a new corridor (sector 576). From here, you can bypass the big elevator to the yellow key zone by taking a lift that puts you right behind the Hell knight, or enter the inaccessible room on the left of the big elevator, where there are more monsters and ammo.
- Just on the left of the yellow key, jump down on the ledge with barons of Hell and Hell knights, then look through the gap in the wall to see a switch high up. Shoot it to open the wall, then jump down to grab an energy cell pack and a few armor bonuses. (sector 724)
- Go down in the large blood moat west of the start, use the two switches (one per keycard), then enter the teleporter. In this new room, hit the button to activate crushers to kill the perched mancubi, deal with the ambush, then do the same in the following room after you teleport. Teleporting out will put you in the circular perch, telefragging the cyberdemon and getting a soulsphere. (sector 168)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||0:18.43||Boris Klimeš (dew)||2011-03-28||sd18-018.zip|
|UV max||4:34.63||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2022-09-03||sd18-434.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on September 21, 2022.