MAP19: Castle Frostgard (Project Einherjar)
|Project Einherjar maps|
|The Gaulheim Hit|
|Deep Into White Hell|
|The Scourge of Mordin|
|Return to Jotunheim|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
You can see the red key on a balcony pedestal dead ahead: the switch to lower it is on the balcony to your left, behind the yellow door. You can't enter Frodtgard's quarters without the red key.
Like with the harbor, start with a perimeter sweep to clear the halls of enemies. Beware entering the dining room: the Baron is waiting to take another shot at you on the balcony. Gather all the supplies you can, then descend into the icy basement laboratory accessed from the dining room. It is a labyrinth of tunnels filled with worgs and Juggernaut tubes that burst open as you delve deeper into the maze. Once you get the yellow key, leg it back to the labyrinth entrance and deal with the stampeding Juggernauts there. Kill them all so they don't sneak up on you later.
Lower the red key pedestal and head into the Baron's quarters. You can go outside first if you want, to open the balcony door leading to the medical backpack in view from the window. When you approach the opened door, Baron Frostgard bursts out of his room guns blazing.
Boss: Baron Frostgard
The Baron's sudden ambush can startle the unwary player, as can his devastating arsenal: a gatling gun that shreds your armor, and a highly lethal Gauss cannon. When he is at half health, he drops the machine gun in favor of a second Gauss cannon, and goes John Woo on you with both until you break line of sight or collapse in a pile of strawberry jam.
You are not restricted to the Baron's quarters when the fight begins: he will follow you anywhere in the castle if you flee from him. Don't lead him outdoors, as there is very little cover there and his Gauss cannon attacks can strip your health very quickly. Kill him for the key to his personal harbor and the exit.
Other points of interest
- In the small harbor, jump onto the group of crates to find a hidden missile pod. (sector 4)
- In the same harbor is an additional secret behind some rubble. (sector 283)
- From the red key balcony you can jump through the left Jotun sigil for a hidden medical backpack. (sector 57)
- The refrigerator in the lounge (where you find the yellow door) has a hidden closet with a super stim (and a Juggernaut ambush). (sector 297)
- The statue in the hall outside Frostgard's quarters hides a switch, which lowers the dining room bookcase to reveal a hidden Dessler frag cannon. (sector 269)
- Go to the white (medical) room and interact with the different block (it sticks out) from the counter. A wall will lift and reveal a small room with healing items. This will also trigger an ambush. (sector 191)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are: