MAP19: Everything Dies (Hell Revealed)
|Hell Revealed maps 12-20|
MAP19: Everything Dies, designed by Yonatan Donner, is the nineteenth map of Hell Revealed. It uses "You Suck," the game over theme from Rise of the Triad. It is notable for utilizing the lost soul limit in the mechanism of a trap at the beginning of the level, featuring four pain elementals who are harmless until the megasphere is obtained.
According to the Hell Revealed info pack:
- An extremely linear, quite short, outdoor level. In the start you will get full health and ammo, and make sure you save them, because you won't see any more until the level's end. A very fun level to play, try to finish in the shortest time you can, let's see if you can beat my times here. And watch your health! Because in the end - everything dies, one way or another.
- Size: small
- Difficulty: medium
No particular strategy here-just fight until you reach the exit. Conserve your health and ammo, as there are no pickups here.
- The very last platform with the spider mastermind and the exit counts as a secret - impossible to miss. (sector 79)
In the first room of the map is a raised marble face, that if crossed gives the player a large sum of ammo and weapons. This is achieved using a voodoo doll outside the map. However the way the effect is set up on this map produces a visual anomaly if the player loads a save game on this map that was saved after triggering said effect. Upon loading the save game, the player will find their view height lowered to the floor, but can otherwise move around and attack normally. Presumably this has something to do with how the aforementioned voodoo doll ends up after its associated trigger has been run. Though note that several ports correct whatever causes this anomaly.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are:
|UV speed||00:23||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2009-07-25||hr19-023.zip|
|NM speed||00:26||Adam Hegyi||2001-03-15||hn19-026.zip|
|UV max||02:49||Radek Pecka||2001-04-03||hr19-249.zip|
|UV -fast||03:13||Chris Ratcliff (Ryback)||2003-03-23||hf19-313.zip|
|UV pacifist||00:23||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2009-07-25||hp19-023.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 4, 2020.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 99)
- facing north. (thing 100)
- facing south. (thing 103)
- facing south. (thing 105)