MAP19: Hecknology (Plutonia 2)
|Plutonia 2 maps 12-20|
MAP19: Hecknology is the nineteenth map of Plutonia 2. It was designed by Sam Woodman, Jakub Razák (_MethoD_) and Vincent Catalaá, and uses the music track "Slime Dweller" by James Paddock. The par time defined in MAPINFO is 3:30.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Grab the berserk pack and backpack and kill the imp. Drop down and kill the shotgun guy. Head out and then kill the enemies guarding the switch to the north. Press the switch then head south and climb the steps up to a skull switch. Press it to make a lift appear, and it will instantly rise the moment you step on it. You will be back at the starting point, but the door north will be open. There are a ton of monsters ahead in this room, so eradicate all hostile presence and go northward. Head down either stair set and then grab the rocket launcher in the nukage, while flipping the switch on the wall. The bars on the left side of the room will lower, but they will take time, while enemies will teleport to ruin your progress. When the bars lower all the way, go down the stairs to an open area where you will acquire the blue skull key, guarded by revenants and mancubi. Grabbing the key sics an arch-vile in the cage to the north after you, as well as a number of other teleporting monsters, including a cyberdemon.
Return to the large nukage-filled room from before, and you will discover it has more monsters in it as well, so get rid of all opposition. With the blue key, head for the southeast part of the room and open the door. Kill the zombiemen inside, and open the door on the right, as the other one cannot be opened now. Take out the demons and baron of Hell in the next hallway, and dispatch the arch-vile in the next room. Upon pressing the tucked-away skull switch, the walls will open into the large room again, with many monsters teleporting in surrounding you. Fend them off, then open the blue door again to find the door straight ahead is open. Hop down and kill the enemies present, then go west into a larger room. As always, kill the enemies here, then head down the southeastern steps. The room that follows has a skull switch with yellow skulls above it; press it, and get rid of the revenants above you and the other enemies in the bigger room. The yellow skull key in the center of the big room is now accessible, so pick it up, looking out for a cyberdemon that comes from the right. Kill him and press the switch so you can leave the level via the western exit.
Other points of interest
- After going into the starting room for the second time, go through the door and to the right. The first column on the right after the green torch can be lowered for an invulnerability sphere (not on easy skill levels) (#1).
- In the room with the rocket launcher, take the lift up to a room with four columns of boxes scattered. Climb up the column of boxes that resemble stairs, then jump into the hole in the wall with the weeds. Turn around and in the front right corner, is a gargoyle-shaped face near the ceiling. Shoot this face to open a wall nearby with a plasma gun and a soul sphere (#2).
- After lowering the four columns with the switch in the rocket launcher room, the wall on the left at the third step can be opened for three stimpacks, two medikits and a blue armor (#3).
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for this map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV speed||00:11||Boris Klimeš (dew)||2009-01-26||p219-011.zip|
|UV pacifist||00:17||Boris Klimeš (dew)||2009-03-17||p219p017.zip|
Last updated on June 14, 2013.
|UV speed TAS||00:10||Light Speed||2011-12-14||p219-010.zip|
|UV -nomonsters TAS||00:09||Hock||2011-03-14||p219o009.zip|
|First Demo Attempt||39:41||Memfis||2011-02-09||pl2mem19.zip||1|
1. ^ Final time of 08:44.
Last updated on June 14, 2013.
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 404)
- facing west. (thing 405)
- facing east. (thing 406)
- facing east. (thing 408)
- facing north. (thing 410)
Inspiration and development
- During development this map was called Run Alone Through the Uric Acid.