MAP19: NME (The Plutonia Experiment)
|Plutonia maps 12-20|
The only key present in the level is yellow skull.
You start the level within the room facing an imp, a teleporter and a shotgun on your right. You may choose to enter the teleporter or go straight down the hall, at the end of which you will find a powerful weapon, plasma gun. Though going there is not required, it is recommended to grab the weapon especially on pistol start. Be noted, when you grab it, you unleash several monsters, including revenants.
In any case, take the teleporter at the beginning of the level. Go around the hall towards southwest, by going over the floor lamps for safety (blood hurts here). Turn the lever. This will open a wall south revealing a teleporter inside. Also, a large crowd will be unleashed. Take the teleporter.
You are now outside. Enter an alcove southwest here. Go straight through the tunnel, and be careful. Two walls on either side will lower revealing imps. After you kill them you may wish to enter one of the closets to get a medikit. If you decide to, get it right now because the traps lower just once. In any case, proceed into the room. After you come in, an arch-vile will be revealed in the blood pool and another crowd will too. Take the yellow skull key in the deepest level of the pool.
With the key, return to the outside where you were teleported in. Climb on the stairs and open a key-unmarked door in the east. Go to the end of the dark closet. You will be teleported into a new area. Kill the enemies. Do not fall here as there is no way of getting out. Enter the teleporter at the end. You will be teleported into a small but rather dangerous room. Kill everyone here and do not forget to flip the switch here. Leave via the teleporter.
Back in the familiar place, you will suddenly encounter a cyberdemon. Dispatch him and enter a teleporter northeast. In the room with the cyberdemon out, flip the last switch. It will unlock the exit teleporter pad. Now, drop down and take an alcove northwest with the stairs. In the next area, cross the bridge (if you fall down into the blood pool that actually does not hurt, lower the bridge as a lift). Walk another staircase. In the upper room, turn right and open the door. Enter the teleporter to finish.
- Go through the teleporter straight ahead of you at the beginning of the level. In the next area, follow the path to the other side of the room, where you will see a switch. Flip it, and it will lower a nearby wall, revealing another teleporter. Rather than going through that one, go back through the one you originally came through. Back in the first area, follow the path around to the right. At the bend in this corridor, yet another teleporter (flanked by two skull/candle decorations) will now be accessible. Go through to get some goodies. (sector 105)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are:
|UV max||01:39||Drew DeVore (stx-Vile)||2002-05-21||pl19-139.zip|
|NM100S||00:32||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2008-10-07||ps19-032.zip|
|UV -fast||02:33||M. Phoenix Dailey (Archy)||2012-03-17||pf19-233.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 6, 2020.
This level contains seven spawn points:
- facing west. (thing 241)
- facing south. (thing 242)
- facing south. (thing 243)
- facing south. (thing 244)
- facing north. (thing 245)
- facing north. (thing 246)
- facing north-east. (thing 247)