MAP19: Natural (Kama Sutra)
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
|Kama Sutra maps 12-20|
This level occupies the map slot MAP19. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP19.
MAP19: Natural is the nineteenth map of Kama Sutra. It was designed by Adolf Vojta and uses the E1M9 music from Heretic. The version of the music used in this level plays at a slower tempo for unknown reasons.
- 1 Inspiration and development
- 2 Walkthrough
- 3 Areas / screenshots
- 4 Speedrunning
- 5 Deathmatch
- 6 Statistics
- 7 Technical information
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
- 12 References
Inspiration and development
Adolf Vojta's comments on this level:
- Hmmm my own map I really don't like :) I don't know why. I just decided to use it because it has some gameplay ideas I haven't used in other maps and the design.. is also pretty different from the other ones.. so at the end it's maybe not so bad map.
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- The tunnel south of the starting area is tagged as a secret and is unavoidable. (sector 23)
- There is a teleporter near the red door (the closest one to the exit) that can take you to the pool of blood near the blue and yellow switches. After using the teleporter, turn around (face south) and press the wall behind you. You will find a megasphere. (sector 156) You can also climb near the secret by using the nearby stairs to quickly run from them.
Areas / screenshots
The hole and the soulsphere
First encounter with a cyberdemon
I see dead cacos
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||0:32.60||Boris Klimeš (dew)||2010-07-06||ks19-032.zip|
|NM 100S||1:06.03||Boris Klimeš (dew)||2010-07-08||ks19s106.zip|
|UV -fast||12:02.40||Jochen Schneidau (Angus)||2005-09-18||ks19f1202.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on March 17, 2023.
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing west. (thing 547)
- facing east. (thing 548)
- facing north. (thing 549)
- facing north-west. (thing 550)
- facing north-east. (thing 551)
- facing east. (thing 553)
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level:
- Kama Sutra maps 11-20 (archived 🏛) on KS team website
- Kama Sutra demos at the Doom Speed Demo Archive
- ↑ Megawad readme file (ksutra.txt)