MAP19: Satan's Fortress (Hadephobia)
|Hadephobia maps 12-20|
This level occupies the map slot MAP19. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP19.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
MAP19: Satan's Fortress is the nineteenth map of Hadephobia. It was designed by Márton János Kapuvári (Cell) and uses the music track "". The par time defined in the DEHACKED lump is 11:00.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- High above the starting cave is a window where you can spot the yellow key beckoning at you. When you go upstairs to get the key, press the outer wall in the middle of the semicircular stairway before, and reach for the computer area map that certainly comes in handy, in a level with ten secrets. (sector 184)
- Enter the hub behind the yellow door, turn left, and press the angled corner wall. In the hidden room behind there is a berserk, a megaarmor, and some blue flasks. (sector 444)
- Pass the red door and go left, downstairs, in the next room left again. Climb the semicircular stairway to the top. Shoot the (barely visible) right wall of the alcove that opened on your arrival, to open a secret room downstairs. They've got a soul sphere there, only for you. (sector 421)
- In the red-door area, climb up the corkscrew stairs around the lava pool. Squeeze yourself behind the rear left column where the blue torch is glowing, and press the face on the column. Before you enter the opened room (sector 437), go back to the entrance and press the skull switch to lower the new room. Now run to the invulnerability (or conserve it for later), turn left, and leave the room before it raises again. Press the skull switch in front of you and grab your second blue key, essential for a later secret.
- Walk through the blue door. In the outer hallway go right. Behind the next door there is a carving on a segment of the wall. Behind one of the blue torches nearby you can see a little stone face. Shoot it to open the carved segment, get teleported to a berserk. (sector 869)
- In that secret room, activate the skull switch using the second blue key. Enter the room behind. (sector 888)
- Within that secret room, take the elevator up to the circular gallery. Circle it to the far end and press the button to lower the pedestal with the BFG9000 on it. (sector 895)
- Behind the blue door go left, and at the branch right. Enter the teleporter - unlike similar ones, its laughing face ain't glowing. From the far side travel back, but don't leave the teleporter yet, rather turn around and press the mask. Now run down the hallway where an elevator is waiting for you, but not for long. It brings you to some assorted ammunition, such as an energy cell pack. (sector 907)
- In the center part of the T-shaped hallway in the blue-door area there are four torches on each side, one of them in front of a carved board. In the alcove left from it, press the adjacent wall. Enter the opened passage and be happy with your new megasphere. (sector 924)
- When the colorless door west from the hub is finally open, enter the cave behind. Left from the tree and the glowing eye, climb on top of the rocks and walk straight through the wall (sector 225) to get a soul sphere.
The player 2, 3 and 4 starts (Things 1050, 1052 and 1051) have no flags set for any of the three difficulty classes, but because of special handling in the engine, they function normally in the level.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: