MAP19: Subduction (Community Chest 3)
|Community Chest 3 maps 12-20|
MAP19: Subduction is the nineteenth map of Community Chest 3. It was designed by Mike Alfredson (Use3D) and uses a version of Duke Nukem 3D music track "Sneaky Snake" that uses the default MIDI drum kit.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Other points of interest
- At the west of the room where you start this level, there's a door leading to an outside area. At the west of this area there is a brick building, and to the north of it there are 3 small closets. The westernmost closet contains a few medikits but it is blocked by metal bars. (sector 437) To get there, jump to the top of one of the walls surrounding the easternmost closet from the area the aforementioned door leads to. Provided that you don't overshoot the wall, you'll be able to navigate your way to the westernmost closet and drop down there, triggering the secret. The metal bars will lower when you drop down, allowing you to exit.
- There's a room with some windows at the southwest of the map, where you have to raise a walkway by throwing a switch in the previous room to gain access to the southernmost part of the outdoors area. Before you do this, check out the southeast corner of the room. There you'll find an entrance to a secret room with some goodies. (sector 1111) Be careful when you grab them, as entering the room will activate a crusher. If you throw the switch before visiting this area, you'll find that the entrance is sealed off.
- While underground, visit the room at the southeast. On the southern wall of this room there's a demon face partially covered by some vines. The left eye of this face is actually a switch. Pressing it will reveal three switches on the eastern wall; shoot the northenmost one and an alcove containing a supercharge will open. (sector 1015) Shooting any of the other two switches, or leaving the room without doing anything will close the alcoves with the switches. Since the eye-switch which opens them can only be activated once, this will make it impossible to get this secret.
- To reach the red brick rooms at the northeast of the map, you have to go through an area where two compartments with monsters open to the east and the west. In the northeast corner of the eastern compartment there's a candle: it marks the entrance to a secret passage leading to a room containing goodies. (sector 584) To get there, you have to straferun to the compartment from the northern area with the tiled floor; it's quite difficult but not impossible, and might take you several tries to succeed.
- Pressing the switch in the central room in the area accessible after you have got the red keycard will open a door at the west, which leads to another outside area. Go there and drop in the blood to your right. Find and throw a red switch on the northern wall of the brick building. Then you have to get back up by using a lift located in the southeast corner of the area. Go forward between the two brick buildings and to the left. You will pass near a teleporter, which is not reachable just yet. Continue onwards and go down the stairs: at the end there's another switch. Pressing it will allow access to the teleporter you've seen earlier. It will take you to an area to the west of your current location, where you'll find yet another switch. After throwing it and killing the monsters which will have teleported in, go back via the teleporter to find that the bars blocking entry to the green building have lowered. Enter the building and return to the underground area to find that the red bars in the northeast room have opened. The newly-unlocked passage leads to a room with a plasma rifle, some cells, and a megasphere. (sector 1053) The teleporter will take you back to the starting room.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV max||12:18||Adolf Vojta (Gusta)||2008-12-05||c319-1218.zip|
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 22, 2018.
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing north-east. (thing 879)
- facing north-east. (thing 880)
- facing north-east. (thing 881)
- facing south-west. (thing 882)
- facing north-east. (thing 883)