MAP19: The Marbelous Three (Community Chest 2)
|Community Chest 2 maps 12-20|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
On this map, keycards and skull keys open different kinds of doors.
You are in a four-way intersection, head north through the door here. Head up either route continuing north and go around till you reach a switch. Press it, and go to where the red key door is and you will find a new opening here. You cannot grab the red skull key here, but you can shoot the nearby switch, causing it to move down the blood river. Retrieve it at the end of the basin and head back to the four way intersection. Go through the southern door with red skull key markings; you will eventually reach an excavation zone of sorts with a barred-off yellow skull key. To get it, drop down and hit the switch here, which lowers the bars, and head through the door back to the intersection and then you can grab the key. The next door to reach in the intersection is the west door.
These two areas are simple, but with a number of teleporting monsters to combat. Press the switch on the wall to open the second area, and grab the red keycard. Be wary of teleporting monsters as you do. Do not forget that the red card door was right next to where the red skull key was. Behind the red card door is the yellow keycard. Go back to the excavation site by heading east at the intersection, and the yellow card switch should be right there. Find another yellow card switch here and this will lower the crate containing the blue skull key. You will need to maneuver up other crates to reach it though. The blue skull exit door should be right next to where the first yellow card switch was.
Other points of interest
- At the east of the room where you start the level, there is a hole in the south wall, beyond which you can see exposed circuitry. Shoot it, and it will quickly fall open, allowing you to get a backpack. (sector 194)
- After the northern door at the beginning, the westernmost passage to the north has a demon-faced wall with a candle in front of it. Open it to find another backpack and a Pain Elemental. (sector 513) Note that you can only open this door once from the outside, meaning that you will only be able to access this secret once.
- At the very north of the map, press on the bloodfall, and it will lower to reveal a rocket and some shells. (sector 511)
- At the east of secret #3, there is a hallway with two demonic faces, one of which has a light shining near it. Press on this face to find combat armor. (sector 141)
- In the room just southeast of secret #4, there is a bloodfall in the northeast with five armor bonuses sitting on top of it. Press on this bloodfall, and it will lower to reveal 13 more armor bonuses. (sector 368)
- At the end of the hallway where you find the yellow card is a scrolling wall with faces on it. Open it to find a rocket launcher. (sector 486)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV max||3:21.09||Dylan Gill (TheV1perK1ller)||2017-06-06||c219-321.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
This level contains eight spawn points:
- facing west. (thing 407)
- facing south-east. (thing 408)
- facing north. (thing 409)
- facing north. (thing 412)
- facing north-east. (thing 413)
- facing west. (thing 414)
- facing west. (thing 415)
- facing north. (thing 416)