MAP19: Unearthly Spire (Beta 64)
|Beta 64 maps 11-20|
This level occupies the map slot MAP19. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP19.
MAP19: Unearthly Spire is the nineteenth map of Beta 64. It was designed by Antnee.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- The area holding the red skullkey to the right of where you start also holds a secret in one of the compartments housing imps. Once you've cleared the enemies, use the platform to go up and press the switch to cause several platforms to show up in the center. Then, make your way to the first imp compartment that was in front of the switch, then immediately dart to the compartment opposite it where a hidden room containing a BFG9000 will briefly have lowered. (sector 307)
- See secret #1 (thing 199)
- After picking up the blue skullkey, go to the left where a door will have opened to reveal a set of stairs, and press the misaligned wall on the right to find an energy cell pack. (thing 359)
- Upon obtaining the yellow skullkey, several doors behind you will open to reveal many lost souls. Enter these rooms to find a hidden invulnerability sphere. (thing 237)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are: