MAP20: Calypso Station (Claustrophobia 1024 2)
|Claustrophobia 1024 2 maps 12-20|
MAP20: Calypso Station is the twentieth map of Claustrophobia 1024 2. It was designed by Mike Ewer (Mik57) and Walter Confalonieri (daimon), and uses the music track "Monuments of Treason" by Maxime Tondreau (Psychedelic Eyeball).
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Collect the shotgun, chaingun and backpack in front of you then turn left - there are two chaingunners guarding the blue key door ahead, and one or two Hell knights in an alcove guarding an unlocked door. Open this second door and kill the demons, imps and knight waiting in the next room, along with two shotgun guys and/or chaingunners that teleport behind you, then walk south into an alcove containing the blue keycard. Go back to the blue key door and open it to face a mancubus (or two on Ultra-Violence (UV) and Nightmare (NM) skill levels), then open the small door in the south-east corner and follow the hallway to a crate room with another mancubus and two or three knights. The red keycard is on the cargo lift in the middle of the room, but approach it with caution as the south wall will lower to reveal a ledge with four chaingunners, as well as an arch-vile on UV and NM.
Go back to the blue key door and open the smaller door opposite it (requiring the red key) to enter a small room with a button - pressing the button opens a door to the east, but will also allow various monsters to teleport to the red key room. Go through the door you just opened and climb the steps, which will open the wall ahead and allow those monsters to attack you, then open the small door at the top of the steps to find a shotgun guy and chaingunner protecting another button. Press this button to open the next room, which contains multiple knights and a baron of Hell, then collect the plasma gun by the east wall before going to the north-west corner to find a small alcove containing a third button. After pressing the third button, go back to the red key room, where more monsters have appeared, then kill the arachnotron behind the now-open north door before going through it to find another button - make sure to collect any missed items before you press this button, as it will lower the floor and prevent you from returning to the rest of the map. Kill one or two mancubi waiting in the room below, then step off the lift and look south to see an alcove containing a shotgun guy/chaingunner along with an imp (or arch-vile on UV and NM). Press the button inside this alcove to open the bars to the west, revealing one or two knights and an arch-vile guarding the exit button.
Other points of interest
Secrets #1-3 can only be found before you press the button behind the northern door in the red key room.
- From the start, walk forward and turn left. You should see a large UAC logo on the left-hand wall, which you can open to find a rocket launcher, a rocket, a box of bullets and an armor. (sector 46)
- Open the blue door and enter the next room, then turn around and open the wall just to the east of this door, which has vent covers, to find a box of bullets, a box of shotgun shells, a rocket and an energy cell. (sector 293)
- In the room with the red key and some crates, open the wall to the left of the northern door to reveal a compartment with six rockets. (sector 184)
- In the north-east room, open the grated section of the east wall to find a megaarmor, a stimpack and some shotgun shells. (sector 1)
- Inside secret #4, use the wall immediately to the left of the computer screen. This will reveal a button to your right, press it to call a lift that will take you up to a super-secret room with eight energy cells and a megasphere. (sector 247)
The player 2, 3 and 4 starts (things 109, 110 and 111) are not flagged to appear on I'm Too Young To Die or Hey Not Too Rough, but because of special handling in the engine, they function normally in the level.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV max||3:51.66||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2010-03-23||4c20-351.zip|
|UV -fast||5:46.46||William Huber (WH-Wilou84)||2010-10-10||4c20f546.zip|
|NoMo||0:32.89||William Huber (WH-Wilou84)||2010-08-20||4c20o032.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 21, 2021.