MAP20: Convolute (Eviternity)
|Chapter I: Archaic|
|Chapter II: Automation|
|Chapter III: Crystalline|
Chapter IV: Brutality
|Chapter V: Descension|
|Chapter VI: Hallowed|
This level occupies the map slot MAP20. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP20.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
MAP20: Convolute is the twentieth map of Eviternity. It was designed by Joshua O'Sullivan (Dragonfly) and uses the music track "Thanatos," originally composed by Tristan Clark for the Rebirth MIDI Pack. The par time is 6:45.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Head west from the starting point and go up the steps. Keep going until the walls to the west open up. Next to the blue door, press on the flickering recessed wall with the skull on it to reveal a secret passage. Follow it all the way to the end and use the switch to get a soul sphere. (sector 1274)
- From the start, head north past the shotgun guys and hop over the gap and through the teleporter. Carefully jump down to the raised platform and to the the red railing to the left to reach a megaarmor. (sector 550)
- At the backwards C-shaped area on the east side of the map, press the switch at the end to open the inner curve, then use the door at the middle. Head to the next switch and use it, then enter the teleporter to reappear back at the C-shaped area, this time with the outer walls open. Head to the north side and press on the panel with yellow circuitry and no insignia to trigger a lift going down to a plasma gun. (sector 882)
- At the same switch of secret #3, look further to the southwest to spot a green button. Shoot it to lower a rock containing armor bonuses. To get to them, get the blue key, then open either blue door to reach the nukage caverns at the southernmost part of the map. Grab a radiation suit and make your way around the red area at the southernmost end to the right side of the caverns. Head further northeast and follow the health bonuses. To the east will be the lowered rock containing the armor bonuses, 50 in total. (sector 918)
- To get the megasphere on the west side of the map, use the switch to the east of it to raise some rocks, then use those rocks to get to the cyberdemon platform. Take the teleporter and go south to the red switch, but go around that switch to its backside and press that one. You can now get the megasphere from the highest ledge to the south of it. (sector 1116)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: