MAP20: Desert Temple (Deus Vult II)
This level occupies the map slot MAP20. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP20.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
Suicide Exit: In Secret #3, if you die so you slide between the two red torches, you can exit the level.
- When going across the west side of the temple heading north, you will see several pillars with torches on top. One of these torches is green, use the pillar at the base of this torch to teleport onto a backpack. (sector 96)
- After getting the blue key, leave the room and turn to your left to spot some monsters (a Hell knight on Hey Not Too Rough or lower, or an arch-vile, as well as two lost souls on Ultra-Violence or higher). Press use on the wall behind where they came from to teleport to a ledge with a grave containing a shotgun guy. (sector 161)
- When you reach the temple proper, head up to the graphic at the entrance and lower it for a mancubus, a shotgun, and some shells. (sector 245)
- Lower the lift in the southwest part of the temple and ride up. From there, drop southwest onto the ledge with health bonuses (alternatively, you can drop anywhere nearby, just as long as you drop on the dirt grounds outside the temple perimeter), then move south and around the temple past the graves to a teleporter, taking you to an area with five graves with several monsters, as well as medikits at the far end. (sector 476)
- Jump to the red key platform, then quickly jump off to the north. Run south back to the western ledge (use the teleporter), and run west, north and into the inner corner where the teleporter is to find a secret room. You have only ten seconds after stepping on the red key platform to reach this teleporter. (sector 873)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are: