MAP20: Eddy DM (32 in 24)
|32 in 24 maps 12-20|
It was the twenty-third map to be submitted, arriving nineteen and a half hours into the session. According to the author, it took half an hour to build, and was their first completed level.
Eddy DM is a small marble-themed level. The centrepiece features four square platforms connected by narrow walkways. If players fall off, they find themselves in an inescapable lava pit, but by what appears to be an oversight, this lava is not damaging, so players that fall off are stuck until they are killed by another player. A shotgun is at the centre of this area, and each of four square platforms hold a green armor and a player spawn, with a megaarmor on the southern walkway, a medikit to the north, and a shell box on the west and east walkways.
The north-east room contains some individual rockets, with a rocket launcher and a soulsphere in the corner. Note that the lava floor that the soulsphere is on is damaging; dealing 10 damage before armour. A small passage in the north of this room leads to a shotgun and another box of shells. Another green armour can also be found here, but will like have been taken by the player that spawns on top of it.
The south-east area starts with a staircase containing a chaingun and a large supply of ammo, with a total of 150 bullets and 60 shells. At the top of the stairs is a small room with just a medikit in a corner, and possibly a green armour if it has not been taken by another player spawn. This room leads to a small balcony overlooking the central area, where players can find a super shotgun. It is not possible to jump over the balcony down to the central area, so the player must return the way they came in order to leave.
The western area has two entrances from the centre. The southern entrance leads to a square room with a plasma gun in the middle. The corridor that leads off of this room contains some energy cells, and marble pillars which function as obstacles, before leading back out to the central area.
This level contains eight spawn points. At first all spawns will give a green armour, however subsequent spawns will not give armour if it has not yet respawned.
- In the central area, on the south-west platform, facing north. Directly opposite spawn #4 (480 units) and joint closest with spawn #2 to the megaarmour, which is 240 units to the east. (thing 0)
- In the central area, on the south-east platform, facing north. Directly opposite spawn #3 (480 units) and joint closest with spawn #1 to the megaarmor, which is 240 units to the west. Also the closest spawn to the chaingun. (thing 1)
- In the central area, on the north-east platform, facing south. Directly opposite spawn #2 (480 units). This is closest spawn to the soulsphere and rocket launcher, at 968 and 1127 units repsectively. Although spawn #7 is closer by straight-line distance, they have to travel around corners. (thing 2)
- In the central area, on the north-west platform, facing south. Directly opposite spawn #1 (480 units). (thing 3)
- In the plasma gun room, facing south-east. 272 units from the weapon, and 543 units from spawn #8, which is directly opposite. (thing 9)
- In the southern room, facing north-east. This is the only spawn in close reach of the super shotgun and is potentially the safest spawn overall. (thing 20)
- At the end of the passage leading off of the soulsphere/rocket launcher room, facing west. 484 units from the shotgun. (thing 38)
- In the plasma gun room, facing north-west. 272 units from the weapon, and 543 units from spawn #5, which is directly opposite. (thing 52)
Areas / screenshots
|Box of bullets||3|
|Box of shotgun shells||6|
|Health & Armor||1-2||3||4-5|