MAP20: Huitzilopochtli (Community Chest 3)
|Community Chest 3 maps 12-20|
MAP20: Huitzilopochtli is the twentieth map of Community Chest 3, named after Huitzilopochtli, a god of war, the sun, and human sacrifice in Aztec religion. It was designed by Dr. Zin and uses a MIDI conversion of the song "The Unforgiven" by Metallica.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Other points of interest
- After going through the first door, turn left and you'll come to a river of blood. Follow the river to the east to find a computer map. (sector 245)
- Soon after using the first teleporter, you will eventually come to a big and empty cavern. In the southwest corner of the cavern there's a passage. If you go there, you'll come across a wall with holes on it. Open it to find some ammo and a berserk pack. (sector 641)
- The aforementioned passage leads to the green cliff located in the same cavern, from where you can access the areas at the northwest of the map. If you go there, you will eventually find a metal room with a switch and two gargoyle faces to the left and right of it. The face to the right is actually a switch: pressing it will open a teleporter which will take you to an otherwise unreachable area overlooking a huge blood-filled cavern with many small islands. (sector 846) This secret area contains some ammo and a radiation suit.
- To the northeast of the central room (north of the lava river) there is another cavern. In the corridor to the southeast of this cavern there is a switch: it is located on the west side of the northwest alcove. Pressing it will make the teleporter in the cavern accessible. It will take you to an already-visited area. Instead of dropping down, turn around and discover a newly-opened secret compartment containing some ammo and a supercharge. (sector 520)
- When you reach the lava river, drop down into lava and use the teleporter to get to an otherwise unreachable area containing some ammo. (sector 1629)
- In the outdoor area to the south of the room the cyberdemons teleport to, when you come across some ruins of a building and a few armor bonuses, drop down to the south to land on a supercharge. (sector 2301)
Despite being labeled as such, the blue key switch (linedef 8457) does not require the blue key to be used.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV -nomonsters||06:22||Mark Anders (Marco)||2008-07-09||c320o622.zip|
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 22, 2018.