MAP20: Interstellar Sickness (Community Chest 4)
|Community Chest 4 maps 12-20|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Other points of interest
- In the first big area you come across, head for either northwestern door. Look out of the west window for a switch to shoot. Shooting it reveals a chainsaw to your right. (sector 986)
- In Secret #1, open the left wall for a megaarmor and a Megaman-like rendition of Doomguy. (sector 933)
- Flip the other switch near Secret #1, then head back to the big area and take the door that the bars had previously blocked. Head straight south from there until you reach a hall with red computer panels and zombiemen on a ledge near them. Use the lift to go on this ledge, then go to the other end, pushing the red button. This opens a computer panel north of you with a partial invisibility. (sector 1313)
- Enter the room with the super shotgun and take a left at the fork. Open the door and take a right at the next fork. There will be a section of damaged wall here, so lower it for a teleporter. Enter it to get a soul sphere and the words "Who's IN SPACE?" as well as a picture. (sector 1541) Note that if you go on the walkways where imps rise up and head for the southwest door, there will be an additional hint for the teleporter in the form of a dark arrow.
- At the final area, press on the terminal in the back with "TEI TENGA" on it for an invulnerability. (sector 26)
Areas / screenshots
The records for this map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 23, 2018.
This level contains its own, separate deathmatch area based on Kassap's MAP05: Late Outpost from 32in24-6. It has been fully retextured, mostly using the resource pack created for Community Chest 4, with additional detailing on one side of the building. The teleporters in the damaging fluid (changed from lava to nukage) have also been rearranged, and the teleporter northeast of the BFG9000 teleporter was removed. Finally, the pillar that must be lowered to access the teleporter is now one sector rather than two. It is otherwise identical to the original map.