MAP20: Mesotamia 2048 (2048 Unleashed)
|2048 Unleashed maps 12-20|
|All Hope for Terror|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Take the backpack and super shotgun and drop to the ground below. There are imps to your left and demons approaching from your right; there are also revenants and cacodemons ahead, but they will not notice you until you fire your weapons so get into position before attacking. Head south to a sludge pool in the center of the level and climb the steps on your right to reach a supercharge, then look west to see two switches at the end of another sludge pool - when you enter the sludge some bars will close behind you and a baron of Hell and/or an arch-vile will rise from the pool. Kill the monsters then interact with both switches - the lion switch will open the bars, while the chain switch is one of three needed to find the blue skull key.
Return to the sludge in the middle of the level and head south past some armor bonuses - there are chaingunners on a stone structure to your left, as well as some imps on a ledge ahead which will be joined by demons, revenants and one or two knights. With all the monsters killed, look west to see a lift next to some health bonuses - ride it up to find a chaingunner guarding the second chain switch. Drop back to the ground and head east, going round the south side of the stone building to find a ledge with a revenant and one or two imps. Follow the path north through a narrow opening to another sludge pool, which contains spectres and (on Hurt Me Plenty (HMP) skill level or higher) an arch-vile. Go round the stone pillar surrounded by energy cells to find the third chain switch next to a plasma gun.
With all three chain switches pulled, return to the starting area where a pillar holding the blue key has lowered - before collecting it you will need to contend with an arch-vile and some revenants, as well as a cyberdemon on HMP or higher. Take the key and open the silver door next to it, then step into a dark tunnel to finish the level.
Other points of interest
Armor can be found west of the starting point.
- Get onto the platform on the west side of the map with a supercharge, then use the lion switch to open the bars that close. Get on the highest mound and look east. You will spot a BFG9000 (which is actually on secret #2), but also a switch further away. Shoot the switch, then head to the south-west part of the map and use the lift to head up. From here, hop the two platforms to the steps at the south-east end. You can get a couple of medikits here. (sector 37)
- Climb the steps in the previous secret all the way up and you will eventually reach the BFG9000 to the north. (sector 127)
- From the previous secret, you can go further north to get a megasphere and energy cells. (sector 160)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 21, 2021.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing south-east. (thing 206)
- facing west. (thing 207)
- facing north. (thing 208)
- facing east. (thing 209)